Pirelli corsa system vs toyo R888 vs hoosier R7

blackvette101

Established Member
For anybody that has had actual experience with these tires what do you think of them. Haven't sold much of any of these so looking for outside opinion. I am interested in straight line in gear acceleration from a roll specifically but will gladly appreciate any experience. Note these are for a gen v viper which will be around 600/600 whp/wtq roughly.

Pirelli pzero corsa system- $900
toyo R888- $1400
Hoosier R7_ $1800

garbonzo1991gt

Flying Monkey Commander
Established Member
Pirellis are great around corners and get nice and sticky when the are heated up. However, I would say that they aren't great for straight line stuff.

The toyos r888s are great in corners just like pirellis and I feel they have better straight line performance.

I have no experience with Hoosier r7s.

Another tire you might want to check out which I feel is more sticky than the r888 is the nitto NT01. The trade off is that they wear faster than the r888.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

blackvette101

Established Member
Pirellis are great around corners and get nice and sticky when the are heated up. However, I would say that they aren't great for straight line stuff.

The toyos r888s are great in corners just like pirellis and I feel they have better straight line performance.

I have no experience with Hoosier r7s.

Another tire you might want to check out which I feel is more sticky than the r888 is the nitto NT01. The trade off is that they wear faster than the r888.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

I need 355/30/19 or 345/30/19 nitto doesnt make the tire

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
I believe paintless302 rides with toyo R888 for his full bolt on gen IV Viper. Sneakysnakes is his youtube name, has a bunch of roll on races.

I dont see him post much but his car surprises a lot of people for an NA car.

Never_Enough

Established Member
I have R888 on my Z06. They are noisy above 50 MPH, but I hook in every gear so I'll take it.

Users who are viewing this thread