Pinion bearing part number,

BUCKET

Established Member
Installing 3.31 yesterday in my '13 BOSS and go to press new pinion bearing. Apparently the '13 BOSS 13/14 gt500 share same new LARGER pinion bearing that is not the same as the GTs. Finding out it may share the same pinion bearing as '12 f150 but cannot confirm. Seen other threads in here with some conflicting issues on part numbers on the f150 bearing

Does any one have the part number of a quality bearing that fits the 13/14 gt500 that I can get from the part store today? Other wise I am dead in the water till I can deal with ford next week.

Thanks

BUCKET

Established Member
Got the number is the one you listed been having a problem finding it locally in stock. it's is the same at the '12 f150 in fords system. However I cannot cross ref to get it at corner parts house. As of right now closest dealer is 2hr drive one way to get it today. To top it off normal bearing is about 20$ these are 100$......

NOGI88

Established Member
Does anyone have an install kit that includes this pinion bearing or do you just have to buy it separate?

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
I realize this is an older thread. But I wanted to post up some info for those of you doing research on this, or looking for parts.

The '13-14 GT500, and '12-13 Boss with the Torsen, use a larger pinion bearing than all previous GT500's and Mustangs. It's considerably larger and not interchangeable when compared with the others. This bearing was originally used in the 2006-2010 Ford Explorers. It is Ford part number 6L2Z-4625-AB. They're not cheap, but they can be bought from Ford (Tasca Ford parts), or Lethal sells them, and they're available pretty cheap on Ebay.

If you call your local Ford dealer without the part number, you'll get the wrong bearing. 6L2Z-4625-AB is the bearing you need, so give them that number. If you get a 9L3Z-4630-A, it is incorrect. That bearing fits '12 and older 8.8's. The 6L2Z bearing is only sold separate, and does NOT come in any install kits.

It is NOT a '12 F150 bearing. That bearing is substantially larger, and definitely won't work.

Here is another thread with some pics and more info. I commented on it as well so this information is out there:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?953758-Pinion-bearing-issue-Need-part-number

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread