Pinging!

MOORESPEED

Established Member
Went to make a pass today on the G-tech just to get an idea were I was at and when I went into second my truck started pinging pretty good. I did a search and saw were a couple of guys said to take out 10% timing and add 10% fuel, but can I still do this if I already have a custom tune? Sorry if this is a stupid question. When I got it tuned a couple months ago my avg. A/F is 12.2 and my timing was set somewhere between 18-19%. What should I do :shrug: .

sittinondubs

Established Member
Have it retuned, most of the time is cause it's running too lean and you'll start pinging :bash:

Last edited:

MOORESPEED

Established Member
Can I change it with the predator or not seeing that I already had it custom tuned. I just want to be safe before I have time to go get it retuned.

|SvT-TiPsY|

Go Cubs.....WooT!
Established Member
MOORESPEED said:
Can I change it with the predator or not seeing that I already had it custom tuned. I just want to be safe before I have time to go get it retuned.
The predator has options to re-tune it.......there are people here who can help with what to change............fellas chime in!

Mike

OH-MAN

Established Member
Had my tune done in mid summer heat .
They fattened up the A/F and timings now at 10 degrees.
We have only a crappy 91 octane fuel here and I am sure that is a large part of the problem as well.
Sometimes you get a bad load of fuel .

MOORESPEED

Established Member
|SvT-TiPsY| said:
The predator has options to re-tune it.......there are people here who can help with what to change............fellas chime in!

Mike

Thanks Mike, this is what I want to know.

Users who are viewing this thread