PIctures of blown corrugated fuel line

Xplicit

Su Corazón
Established Member
I thought this might be an interest to some. This is a little warning when tampering with the stock corrugated fuel lines..

We recently swapped out my focus pumps and deleted the pprv. I'm not suggesting that the stock line needs to be replaced 100% of the time whenever you change out your fuel pumps, but take great care on how you pull the lines off. Since it's made out of plastic and doesn't stretch, stretching the line compromises it's structural integrity. It becomes thinner.. think of it as a plastic garbage bag.. the more you pull on it, the lighter in color and thinner it becomes. When we initially removed the pprv and focus pumps, and placed the fuel assembly back into the tank, everything was fine. The car started up smoothly, etc. This is where it was interesting.. Since i didn't have much fuel in the tank after the installation because we had to lower the tank.. i stopping at a gas station to fill up, upon starting the car, the car wouldn't turn over. I had no fuel pressure. A tow back to my friend's shop, we pulled out the assembly and saw the pictures below. For whatever reason, when filling up the tank, the line burst. However, the car wasn't even on. I can understand if the car was running, the pressure from the fuel circulating could have done that, but since the car was off i found it extremely odd. Anyway, we replaced the stock line with a 3/8" SAE 30R10 submersible line (credit Geno on MF).

cfl03.jpg

cfl02.jpg

cfl01.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread