Picture/location of front impact/crash sensor

TexasSpeed

Established Member
Does anyone have a picture of the location or a good description of exactly where the front impact/crash sensor is located? The part number is 6R3Z14B345BB. Ford told me it is on/near the radiator support but, they were not certain...

Thanks - Todd

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That part number is a side airbag sensor.

EDIT:
sensor.png

Last edited:

TexasSpeed

Established Member
Thanks for the details. I ordered one from Ford but, nobody at my dealership seems to know exactly where it is mounted. I'm being told on the upper radiator support/crossmember but, don't see one on mine based on the vague pictures I see online.

Thanks - Todd

LEXiiON

Poser !!!!!!!!
Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Party Liquor Posse
In my 10 it is mounted right by the hood latch. You will see a small wire coming out of the big loom that goes right there.

LEXiiON

Snoopy49

Established Member
From the 2014 Mustang Service Manual

Impact Sensor

The SRS uses 3 satellite sensors in addition to the RCM . The RCM is mounted to the center tunnel beneath the console. The front impact severity sensor (frontal restraint sensor) is located in the front of the vehicle, behind the grille, mounted on the radiator support. The side impact sensors are mounted in each of the doors, behind the trim panel. Mounting orientation is critical for correct operation of all impact sensors.

TexasSpeed

Established Member
Mine is a 2008. If anyone has a picture, that is what I need. The sensor in mine was removed by the previous owner. I see the pigtail harness inside of the radiator support but, no sensor. I just need to see how it attaches so I can go buy a new sensor and possibly a bolt since the picture of the sensor seems to have a hole for a bolt.

Thanks - Todd

LEXiiON

Poser !!!!!!!!
Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Party Liquor Posse
It looks like it is mounted in the same position as the 2013-14

View attachment 60067

Well yes. The 2013/14 harness plugged right in. I just hope the position is similar for a 2008.
However the side impact sensors changed from 13/14 on. They moved to the doors, instead of the lower sills.

LEXiiON

Last edited:

TexasSpeed

Established Member
Thanks for the help guys. Much appreciated. From what I can see and tell, the sensor mounts on the back side of the radiator cross member very close to the radiator. I ran out to the car and can see a stud sticking out the back side of the cross member about 1.5" and 2 holes that look like this is where the sensor would mount. Assuming this is correct, I'll just need to figure out how to pull the pigtail out so that it will reach the sensor. The previous owner did a wire tuck and all the wires appear to be within the cross member right next to the hood latch, just slightly on the passenger side.

ElCoyote

Lord SVT Contributor
Established Member
Hey LEXiiON! or anyone else in here, is there a part number for that little nut/nut&washer that holds the impact sensor in place?? I actually need it!

Thanks!!!

Users who are viewing this thread