Pics & Video of My G8 GXP at Sebring

mbuono

On-Track Instructor
Established Member
After I sold my 95 Cobra I got a 03 Bimmer, which was a nice track car. But time came to get a 4 door and so I got a Pontiac G8 GXP A6. I really like the the IRS, 50/50 weight and 415 HP. I did add a Tune for the trans and a CAI and have had it out to Sebring 3 times now and with Bridgestone RE-11 tires and Porterhouse pads on the Brembo's I have run 2:39 which is as fast as I did with my bimmer. It is really a fun car to drive around town. I also got it to run 12.89 @ 108 at Speed World with temp of 88 deg.

So here are some pics at the track and video (video is first time on track with stock tires and pads).
For some reason the pictures don't always show up, so here is direct link.http://www.g8board.com/forums/album.php?albumid=281

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXwmEtypri8"]YouTube - Pontiac G8 GXP at Sebring 04 09[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJAHe2JW4Pk"]YouTube - Pontiac G8 GXP 12.89 June 2009[/ame]

Last edited:

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
Very nice!!!!

Wonder if the guy in the Porche is thinking of upgrading to a 4 door as well!

shrike

Established Member
heh, nice car. I must admit, I do like the new VE Commodores ;)

So many of those going around here in Oz with Chevy bowties for some reason. And the owners all seem to have bad hearing, cos they never seem to hear me when I tell them they have nice Pontiacs...

01Lowboy

SPTZCLNT
Established Member
heh, nice car. I must admit, I do like the new VE Commodores ;)

So many of those going around here in Oz with Chevy bowties for some reason. And the owners all seem to have bad hearing, cos they never seem to hear me when I tell them they have nice Pontiacs...

Probably because they were many things before they were Pontiacs. Holdens, Vauxhalls, Chevy's in some places and only just recently Pontiacs here in the states

shrike

Established Member
Only Chevys in the Middle East and South America I believe, as the Chevy Omega/Lumina back in '98-'99 with the VT Commodore. Then off to the UK as Vauxhalls around the same time as they went to North America (the Monaro as the Monaro/GTO).

WeeZee

Member of NMRA
Established Member
I just saw a G8 GXP for the 1st time last night at Hooters in Merryville,IN. They are very nice looking and just a beast for what they are. Great vid

ALLNTRL

Established Member
Sweet ride!!! A buddy at work just got one about 3 weeks ago, his is a A6 as well. What kind of power did your's make stock and after the CAI & Tune? Are you running the 9" or the 9.5" CTS-V wheels? What size tire? Any clearance issue's? What was your 1/8th mile time and speed for that run? Sorry for all the questions just really impressed by these cars!!! :beer:

mbuono

On-Track Instructor
Established Member
Sweet ride!!! A buddy at work just got one about 3 weeks ago, his is a A6 as well. What kind of power did your's make stock and after the CAI & Tune? Are you running the 9" or the 9.5" CTS-V wheels? What size tire? Any clearance issue's? What was your 1/8th mile time and speed for that run? Sorry for all the questions just really impressed by these cars!!! :beer:
I never dyno the car. I have 9" front and 9.5" rear CTS-V wheels, here is tread on tire size and fit issues: [ame=http://www.g8board.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15830]GXP with CTS-V wheels - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com[/ame]

1/8 was 8:30 @ 86.5 MPH.
They are a blast to drive.

03whipedsnake

Established Member
those are awesome but if i was getting the GXP it would be a manual, not knocking you thats just my opinion. great looking car BTW

Users who are viewing this thread