Pics of my wife's new 2011 Race Red Mustang (with a few subtle mods)

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
How noticable is the exhaust inside the car? My buddy had a bassani system on his GT500 and the drone would drive you out of the car....
The Flowmaster vid you posted is the one I saw and I think it sounds the best of any V6 exhaust I've found yet.

How is the lowend pull? That is my other big concern. Ususally I hate the six because you have to nothing when you stab the gas, you have to wait for it to get up into the higher RPM's.

I am impressed by this guys on road pulls. The one at the 9:00min mark he catches rubber at 80mph going into third and it seems to pull strong all the way till he lets off well over 100.
YouTube - 2011 Mustang V6 Magnaflow Exhaust (100+ MPH)
But is that the only time it has any snot? 4000rpm and up?

Good call on the katzkin's! I had totally forgot about them. The new Camaro guys have been using them as well.

The exhaust is very quiet on the inside of the car and doesn't have in drone that I have noticed. The exhaust sounds better with the manual trans than it does on the automatic car in the video.

Even with the 2.73 gears the car pulls good. It has good power staring at 3,000 RPM all the way up. I'm sure it would be that much better with the optional 3.31's.

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
lmfao at 3.7 rice badges.

What is 'rice' about having a badge on the side of the car that has the engine size on it? :shrug:

This coming from someone that lists their car as a 2004 Impala. At least my wife and I have a couple of '11 Mustangs. Hers has 305 HP and mine has 423 RWHP!

andymarkv

Established Member
Man, I have started to look for a car like your wife's so mine can test drive.....
Most of our local dealers don't have ANY Mustangs?!?!?!? the nearest one that has a base model 6sp stick is 2.5 hours away.
How uncommon is this combo? I figured there would be at least a few around.
I imagine we will have to order ours to get the gears, but man I never thought the normal 2.73 cars would be hard to find.....

Last edited:

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
Man, I have started to look for a car like your wife's so mine can test drive.....
Most of our local dealers don't have ANY Mustangs?!?!?!? the nearest one that has a base model 6sp stick is 2.5 hours away.
How uncommon is this combo? I figured there would be at least a few around.
I imagine we will have to order ours to get the gears, but man I never thought the normal 2.73 cars would be hard to find.....

It is harder to find the 6 speed manual in the V6's. Look like most dealers are ordering the AT's for their dealer stock.

Why not just take a little road trip to the dealer that has the base model, 6 speed manual and let your wife try it out.

If she likes it get your 'local' Ford dealer to do a dealer search for one that is optioned like you want. Once they find one they can get it delivered to their dealership and you can buy it from them without having to order one.

I know when we bought ours there was another Race Red, base coupe with the 3.31 gears and security package located in VA. It may still be available.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread