Pics of my weekend custom project

alanw6

The gauge pod guy
Established Member
Thought I'd post a couple pics of a radio delete panel my friend and I made for another friend with a 2003 GT. He decided to do some weight reduction, and added a vortech v-1 blower to the car. Part of the weight loss was the entire Mach 460 system, and this was my suggestion to fill the space usefully.

The panel holds Autometer Ultra-lite mechanical boost and electric fuel psi gauges. The three switches are for his line lock, and the fan and pump of the heat exchanger. Also, an SCT flip chip was put in place, using a custom billet knob.

I'm really happy with this project, and the owner (most importantly) loves it!

What do you guys think?

Alan :beer:

radio_delete_closeup.jpg

radio_delete_unlit.jpg

radio_delete_lit2.jpg

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
BEAUTIFUL WORK!!!!!! That's a very nice piece. Is the 1-7 dial functional??

alanw6

The gauge pod guy
Established Member
BreBar21 said:
BEAUTIFUL WORK!!!!!! That's a very nice piece. Is the 1-7 dial functional??

Thanks.

Yes, it's completely functional. We threw the standard SCT knob in the trash and made this one. It was cut to the same diameter of the switches for a nice match, and there is a ball-milled dimple to show the setting. (It's on zero in the picture)

heytonyman

build-break-repeat
Established Member
Its for the different tunes he has stored in his SCT Flipchip. Setting 0 for street driving tune, Setting 1 for Race Track use tune, and setting 2 for a highly advanced, high boost tune only usable when running race gas. He can flip between the three anytime he needs to to get that tune for that situation. Hope I helped!

Tony ;)

alanw6

The gauge pod guy
Established Member
You nailed it Tony, thanks.

The other settings are reserved for a stock tune and a "valet" mode, disabling the car from starting. For obvious security reasons as well as space constraints, those weren't engraved.

BBriBro, a standard off-the-shelf Mustang aftermarket radio dash kit was modded to hold the gauges and switches. Here's a shot of the assembly for your reference:

radio_delete_wiring.jpg

Last edited:

alanw6

The gauge pod guy
Established Member
budroni said:
I absolutely LOVE it! Thanks again Alan. You and Mike rock as always!

It was our pleasure. We love hooking up the SVTOA-Memphis guys. :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread