Pics of my Torch Red 2004 Supercharged Saleen...

WydOpen

Established Member
Red99mustangman said:
Is that a radio/navigation system in your car? Where can i get one of those?!?!?!?!?!

Yep, it is a Kenwood Excelon DDX-8017 head unit. Basically, just a 6.5" touch screen CD/DVD player. You can purchase the Navigation separately (I believe KNA-DV4100).

I got this one off of eBay for just over $1,000. Retail usually starts around $1,800, so I got a pretty good deal. You can get the cheaper non-Excelon version or the older version.

Search for...
DDX-8017 (new Excelon version)
DDX-7017 (new non-Excelon version)
DDX-7015 (old version available in Excelon or non-Excelon)

I'm not an audio expert, but I believe "Excelon" just refers to Kenwood's amplification system? Don't quote me on that. It is just an upper-level of Kenwood's line.

WydOpen said:
Yep, it is a Kenwood Excelon DDX-8017 head unit. Basically, just a 6.5" touch screen CD/DVD player. You can purchase the Navigation separately (I believe KNA-DV4100).

I got this one off of eBay for just over $1,000. Retail usually starts around $1,800, so I got a pretty good deal. You can get the cheaper non-Excelon version or the older version.

Search for...
DDX-8017 (new Excelon version)
DDX-7017 (new non-Excelon version)
DDX-7015 (old version available in Excelon or non-Excelon)

I'm not an audio expert, but I believe "Excelon" just refers to Kenwood's amplification system? Don't quote me on that. It is just an upper-level of Kenwood's line.
Does it fit perfectly in the stock mustang bezel, or did you have to modify it to fit in there?

WydOpen

Established Member
Red99mustangman said:
Does it fit perfectly in the stock mustang bezel, or did you have to modify it to fit in there?

No cutting necessary...as some people and Crutchfield may lead you to believe. It just won't fit 100% perfectly without some work. If I want to go back to stock, I can do so without any hassles and would probably only take 15-20 minutes. You do need to put some filler material on the left and right side as there will be gaps. I had an audio shop do that for me. Fits nicely behind the bezel...most I've seen are installed in front of the bezel.

See this thread for other mounting method Click Here

Personally, I think it looks better behind the bezel and you don't hack up the space to fit it.

Last edited:

OH3GT

Shut Up And Lift
Established Member
Sick car man!!! Gotta love the saleen! Love the center exhaust and the wing!! Im in the chesterfield area!!

SVThink

Pllleeaase dont do the CF hood !

Instead, get Stainless Steel Bumper inserts for your back bumper!

Users who are viewing this thread