Pics of my tiretrailer.

Venom525RWHP

Established Member
This little trailer came in so handy last weekend. I took the wife, kids, gazebo and a picknick basket plus all the racing stuff for a for our first day at the racetrack this year. It was pretty cold, but we had a blast. My boys live for a few laps with Dad!

Just thought I'd share a few more detailed pics...
Enjoy.

This is what I started with
Model 440K Kit Trailer - SnowBear Trailers

towbar & home made braket.
IMG_0969.jpg

IMG_0970.jpg

IMG_0993.jpg

IMG_0980.jpg

and the trailer
IMG_0984.jpg

IMG_0987.jpg

IMG_0996.jpg

IMG_1003.jpg

And last weekend at the track...
IMG_0864-1.jpg

TroyV

Brakes only slow you down
Established Member
Nice. I appreciate the thought you put into it to make it collapse and store vertically. My trailer is a mack daddy of a tire trailer, but it can't be stored like that. :)

Cheers!

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Nice, clean setup, Riaan. Good welding jobs.

I have the 8" wheels also on my modified Harbor Freight tire trailer. Any idea what's a good tire pressure to run? I've been using about 45 as a guess. And I try not to go over 80 with it. I know those little bearings are spinning fast. :eek:

Venom525RWHP

Established Member
Nice. I appreciate the thought you put into it to make it collapse and store vertically. My trailer is a mack daddy of a tire trailer, but it can't be stored like that. :)

Cheers!

Yours is bigger than mine but, mine stays vertically...lol

Thank you sir.

Venom525RWHP

Established Member
Nice, clean setup, Riaan. Good welding jobs.

I have the 8" wheels also on my modified Harbor Freight tire trailer. Any idea what's a good tire pressure to run? I've been using about 45 as a guess. And I try not to go over 80 with it. I know those little bearings are spinning fast. :eek:

Thanks bud.
I read somewhere not to go over 35 on these tires, but I cannot find that info now. Anyway I am running mine at 32psi and 100km/h max on the 401.

NJ 03Mach1

Hillclimbers do it better
Established Member
Troy's trailer is heaven on wheels... I however am building one from a small utility trailer I picked up, and it's coming along well...

I'll update with pics soon..

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Thanks bud.
I read somewhere not to go over 35 on these tires, but I cannot find that info now. Anyway I am running mine at 32psi and 100km/h max on the 401.

Wow, that's only 60 mph, right? Not sure if I can restrain myself to that.
I do love pulling on guys while towing a trailer. :D

Thanks for the psi info.

BTW, here's a couple pics of mine when I was making it...

trailer1.JPG

trailer3.JPG

Last edited:

NJ 03Mach1

Established Member
gcassidy, THANK YOU! I've been trying to think of a way to mount tires on my trailer and you just gave me it.. Mine is similar in size to yours (from what I can tell) and that seems like a good idea.

I may try and find a way to secure them to it though, maybe find a piece of PVC to line the pipe with so they can't move around...

I say we start an "official tire trailer" thread and sticky it lol

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
gcassidy, THANK YOU! I've been trying to think of a way to mount tires on my trailer and you just gave me it.. Mine is similar in size to yours (from what I can tell) and that seems like a good idea.

I may try and find a way to secure them to it though, maybe find a piece of PVC to line the pipe with so they can't move around...

I say we start an "official tire trailer" thread and sticky it lol

Yeah, I did that before I finished it. I also have a brace for the top of the posts.
I have got to take some "done" pics. :nonono:

TroyV

Brakes only slow you down
Established Member
I have pulled my trailer to and from events with the Miata, and will be doing so at WGI this coming Monday and Tuesday. The reason I really like the trailer is that it has full size trailer wheels, and those nifty marine style self grease packing hubs.

I know this is going to sound odd, but the Miata pulls the trailer better than the Mustang did. It is so much easier to back the trailer off of my driveway with the shorter wheel base Miata. Also, with the vertical hidden hitch, there is very little vibration or noise from the hitch.

Of course, the trailer is wider than the car by almost 20" :)

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Of course, the trailer is wider than the car by almost 20" :)

And heavier by 500 pounds. :poke:

Would it be better, to have the tires standing, or laying on their sides during transport/trailer storage??

I don't know if it matters. Riaan gave a lot of thought into his, he might have some insight into that.

I can tell you that I bought the trailer itself from a guy that autocrossed a WRX, and he kept his narrower tires in the open frame standing upright. With this trailer, I can't do that with 275 tires. That's why I came up with this. You can see I have the tie down strap to help secure the top of the uprights, but the tires seem very secure on there, and in over 2 years of use, I've never had any problems. The locks help secure the tires in hotel parking lots, while the space between the tires and chest holds my pop-up tent and chair. I also have enough room in the chest for air, jack, jackstands, water, and other junk.

But you can also see that it takes up a huge chunk of my 2 car garage. Not nearly as efficient as Riaan's.

DSCF0001.jpg

DSCF0003.jpg

DSCF0006-1.jpg

DSCF0009.jpg

DSCF0010.jpg

I do wish I had larger wheels, and may retrofit them someday.
Sorry, don't mean to hijack.

NJ 03Mach1

Established Member
I appreciate the pics, our trailers are almost identical and it's helping me out a lot. I think ours are the same size, but where mine comes out towards the car for the hitch, I've got a triangle. I plan on mounting a cooler there hehe...

Users who are viewing this thread