pics of my radio setup with cd player/amp/crossovers

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
I know a bunch of you are contemplating changing out the mach 460.

Here are pics of my current setup.

Eclipse 6 disk in-dash changer.

cd_player.jpg

Alpine 5 channel amp with 4 passive crossovers for the 2 sets on components. This wiring is temporary until I get it mounted in the spare tire well.

amps_crossovers.jpg

I am awaiting on the arrival of a Eclipse 12'' subwoofer to complete the system. Right now it sounds a lot better than the factory system. It is lacking low bass because I have the front mod bass drivers cut off at 130hz. The subwoofer will definately fill in that gap.

The clarity difference is night and day. If you are an audiophile, upgrading this system is a must!

PS. Removing the Mach 460 saved me 35lbs!

Last edited:

mosconiac

Established Member
I'm not up on car audio anymore so forgive my stupidity...is that an Eclipse single-disc head unit with a six-disc changer mounted below it or is that a single six-disc head unit filling a double-DIN hole????

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
It's a 6 disk in-dash changer. All of the cds fit in the single din unit. There is a hide away unit or called "the brain" that I have stashed.

The thing below the radio is just a pocket to take up the extra space.

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
35lbs is the weight I removed. I installed about 15lbs worth of stuff. The sub im sure is going to be heavy.

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
MSRP prices are..

(1) 800 CD Player
(1) 450 Amp
(2) 300/pair Components
(1) 200 Wire

The sub I want is 400 and the box I will make myself. After the installation is complete, I will have roughly 8 hours of installation time.

Users who are viewing this thread