Pics of my new Cobra

red95gts

Established Member
Well, new to me, at least. After looking for a very long time, I finally found one that I wanted and picked it up today! It's a very clean car for one that has a fair number of miles on it...

1993 Cobra #199
72K original miles
Teal Exterior / Black Cloth Interior
Original Las Vegas car: No Rust
Mostly stock save for exhaust, gears, and a shifter

Side.jpg

Int.jpg

Front.jpg

Rear.jpg

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Interesting. Mine is #195, went to the same dealer as well.

Congrats on the purchase! Does it have a sunroof? If not, its my twin. :) Mine just has an exhaust, shifter, subframes, and tint. Mine currently has just a hair under 70K miles.

Last edited:

red95gts

Established Member
Thanks guys!

Actually, this is an original no-option car. It does have an aftermarket CD player now, but originally would have had a tape player, no sunroof, no rear defroster, no sunroof, etc.

Price was more than I had wanted to spend and more than this same car sold for on here last February (The car was in Vegas it's whole life until Feb 07). I figured to bring a car home from 1000 miles away would have cost me about $700-$800 in flight, hotel, and gas cost. Not to mention the amount of time and the fact that you're pretty much committed by the time you fly in. Also, the registration and inspection are good for nearly a year. By the time it was all said and done, the price of just a hair over $14K wasn't as bad as it originally sounded. Also got the original gears, diff cover/tag, and headers as part of the deal. Seller also threw in a factory CD player, although not the original from this car.

A few of the moldings need to be replaced to be perfect, and I'll probably pull them off, install them on my coupe, and order new for the Cobra... The driver's seat does the "gangsta lean" and the center console latch is broken. Other than that though, the car doesn't need much of anything...

I'm excited - I've wanted one of these forever and I don't think it's really sunk in yet that I finally own one! :)

tunedin302

Runnin' with the devil
Established Member
Congrats! It still has not sunk in that I also own a 93 teal/black. I suppose that's the fun. Every time I go to the garage I am just as excited as I was on Christmas at the age of 10. The feelings are the same but the toys have gotten bigger.

9T3SVT

Established Member
Bought mine in Utah and drove it back to SoCal :rockon:

I'm sure you had a Cool-Aid grin the entire drive home.

:beer: Congrats!

Last edited:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks guys!

Actually, this is an original no-option car. It does have an aftermarket CD player now, but originally would have had a tape player, no sunroof, no rear defroster, no sunroof, etc.

Price was more than I had wanted to spend and more than this same car sold for on here last February (The car was in Vegas it's whole life until Feb 07). I figured to bring a car home from 1000 miles away would have cost me about $700-$800 in flight, hotel, and gas cost. Not to mention the amount of time and the fact that you're pretty much committed by the time you fly in. Also, the registration and inspection are good for nearly a year. By the time it was all said and done, the price of just a hair over $14K wasn't as bad as it originally sounded. Also got the original gears, diff cover/tag, and headers as part of the deal. Seller also threw in a factory CD player, although not the original from this car.

A few of the moldings need to be replaced to be perfect, and I'll probably pull them off, install them on my coupe, and order new for the Cobra... The driver's seat does the "gangsta lean" and the center console latch is broken. Other than that though, the car doesn't need much of anything...

I'm excited - I've wanted one of these forever and I don't think it's really sunk in yet that I finally own one! :)

As soon as you described it I knew the car. Chris (CGoeschel) old car and I was seriously only a few hours from owning it. It was a weekend and I was able to get in touch with my bank on Sat. to work things out but by the time I called him back another guy already had a deposit (I assume this is the guy from TX that you bought it from).
Anyway, sweet car. Probably better from a personal standpoint I didn't buy it, but that opinion would probably change if I owned a teal/black '93 right now :(
Good luck with it.
-J

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Did he give you the Steeda Lowering springs, and does it still have the tokico shocks and all Steeda suspension?

CGoeschel

Established Member
awww man!! I miss that car!! I never thought he would have sold it otherwise, I'd have offered to buy it back. Enjoy!! Im driving an 8K mile OW Terminator now, but I'd still love to have a '93 again.

red95gts

Established Member
No, most of the Steeda suspension pieces are gone, with the exception of the Caster Camber plates. All in all, I'm not a big Steeda fan, so that's not a big deal to me. I bought this car to leave relatively stock and use as a weekend cruiser. I'll put some suspension mods on the car from MM, but aside from that, the car will pretty much remain as-is. If I want to go fast, I have a 91 coupe for that purpose.. :)

He definitely made out ok financially, but that's the price you pay when you want a local sale and you're basically the first and only interested buyer...

stangbear427

Established Member
No, most of the Steeda suspension pieces are gone, with the exception of the Caster Camber plates. All in all, I'm not a big Steeda fan, so that's not a big deal to me. I bought this car to leave relatively stock and use as a weekend cruiser. I'll put some suspension mods on the car from MM, but aside from that, the car will pretty much remain as-is.
Nothing puts a smile on my face like someone who takes perfectly good Steeda parts off a car so they can put perfectly better MM ones on. :-D
NOT to start a flame war or anything.
Welcome, and congrats on a nice car!

Users who are viewing this thread