Pics of my Mecca Tune HID install!

Intimidator

El Spanko!
Established Member
All right guys, I was finally able to get some decent pics of my install now that the weather cleared up.

For all the pictures check out my site: www.intimidator.netfirms.com

Here are some of the pics:

HIDBox.jpg

Nice box.

HIDBoxOpen.jpg

Great packaging.

HIDComponents.jpg

All the components of the kit laid out.

Install05.jpg

Passengers side ballast/igniter installed.

Install06.jpg

Drivers side ballast/igniter installed.

HIDlightson.jpg

HID lights come to life!

I want to thank all of you that took part of this group purchase. I also want to thank you guys for trusting me in being able to get you a high-dollar mod. I know it's not easy to hand over money to someone you've never even met.

Thanks,
Dajmell

PS. For those of you that missed the group purchase, I will try to set another one up in the coming months. Until then, you can check out all my pics on my site. I'll be updating my site with better on-road pictures later on.

NeedaCobra

Master of the Obvious
Established Member
Where is that made? Arabia or something? :-D The name and styling of the box make me ask :)

Good job on the install :thumbsup:

Intimidator

El Spanko!
Established Member
Originally posted by NeedaCobra
Where is that made? Arabia or something? :-D The name and styling of the box make me ask :)

Good job on the install :thumbsup:

Germany and Japan.

Haha. When my father saw the box he thought I had purchased some fine liquour.

Intimidator

El Spanko!
Established Member
Originally posted by fastsnake99
sick! ! how much was the setup and how hard was the install

Group purchase price was $285 shipped. They are regularly a lot higher, but I managed to get everyone a great deal.

I'll be doing it again in the coming months. I want to purchase another kit for my fogs.

As far as the install is concerned, you can do it in 15 to 30 minutes. But, if you are anally retentive (like me) and want a perfectly clean install it'll take you about two hours.

garretts02gt

Established Member
two questions: 1)what color light are they white, blue, purple? and 2) are they the dual beam(retains your high beams) or single beam? very nice install

Intimidator

El Spanko!
Established Member
Originally posted by garretts02gt
two questions: 1)what color light are they white, blue, purple? and 2) are they the dual beam(retains your high beams) or single beam? very nice install

For the group purchase you could get 6500K (white with a tinge of blue), 8300K (blue with a tinge of white), 12000K (Violet).

I got the 6500K kit.

And it is a single beam kit, so unfortunately you loose your high beams.

SVT Cobra

Established Member
by the way, i remember reading a long time ago that the best HID kits arent better than the best halogen kits, because HID's have glare and dont have as much range as the best halogens. is this true? anyone have any articles comparing the best vs. the best?

Intimidator

El Spanko!
Established Member
Originally posted by SVT Cobra
by the way, i remember reading a long time ago that the best HID kits arent better than the best halogen kits, because HID's have glare and dont have as much range as the best halogens. is this true? anyone have any articles comparing the best vs. the best?

There is a lot of missinformation out there about HIDs.

The best halogen "kit" doesn't even come close to the lumen output on the worst HID kit. Some of the best halogens out there put about 700 lumens. The weakest HID kit you can get will put out slightly over three times that amount. As far as range goes, any object at a set distance will be over four times more visible with an HID setup as oppesed to a halogen setup.

And concerning the "glare myth," a properly aligned headlight (HID or otherwise) will produce minimal glare. The problem is that with HIDs are a lot more powerfull, so if they are incorrectly aimed they will produce a lot more "glare." I've been driving with mine for over a week now and have yet to be flashed at by oncoming traffic.

Users who are viewing this thread