Pics of my L.

Helix

The Beast
Established Member
I got a digital camera for Christmas so I can finally post some pics of my L. I love this truck. Completely stock, until February.

Helix

Helix

The Beast
Established Member
I have been coming to this site for awhile. I wanted a lightning for over a year. I visited this site almost everyday. SVT Performance let me know just how much I wanted this truck. Thanks to all for all the information and help in the past. I know I'll need more in the future. I was having trouble choosing between a Cobra or a Lightning. I think I made a good decision. Going on 6 months since I brought her home.

:beer:

grounded

Established Member
MAn that looks great! Makes me want one even more.

Hey I think you should have gone for the Cobra, I'll give the L a good home so you can.LOL

Helix

The Beast
Established Member
Well everything is stock but the drop. Its a 3/5. Was going with a 4/6 but LL steer'd me away from that. I'm glad, because 3/5 is pretty damn low!

Helix

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Originally posted by TXSVTLIGHTNING
That's low! Need 20's now to fill them wheel wells.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

The 18s ride and handle great. You lose that with 20s or larger.
But if you just want looks. The 20s are beautiful.

Mo Boost

Sunshine on the Darkside
Established Member
Originally posted by Helix
I have been coming to this site for awhile. I wanted a lightning for over a year. I visited this site almost everyday. SVT Performance let me know just how much I wanted this truck. Thanks to all for all the information and help in the past. I know I'll need more in the future. I was having trouble choosing between a Cobra or a Lightning. I think I made a good decision. Going on 6 months since I brought her home.

:beer:

You aren't the only one who dreamed about this truck. Been a truck guy for years, and always will be ... ever since I took a First gen L out for a test drive back in 1995 ...

My interest got re-lit when a DSG with a screaming blower ran up the street past me during lunch one day... and another burbled past me near the Hard Rock in DC. As soon as I could afford it, I bought mine, and Gina, the good-looking finance rep in Jerry's Ford (Annandale) told me to look out for the tickets....

...no tickets yet, but I've been stopped ...:rockon: :rockon:

Helix

The Beast
Established Member
Well I could only find one place that offered a 3/5 drop in one full kit instead of having to piece everything together that was needed. And trust me, I searched the whole web for a few weeks when I was ready to purchase. www.sporttruckdirect.com is where I ordered the 3/5 kit. It comes with everything you need. Shorter springs, lower a-arms, everything for the sway bar, new shackles, new hangers and new shims. But I wasn't just happy with that. I had to had new Doetsch nitro shocks all the way around. And the new camber adjusters because sometimes the stock adjuster max out before you can get it where it needs to be. It took me and the old man about 12 hrs to install it. Installing the new a-arms and springs wasn't that bad. But taking the stock hangers off, now that was the biggest pain in the a$$. Had to use an air chisel along with some gas/oxygen cutting torches. I was pretty scared looking at my brand new 3 month old L and already cutting on it. But it was well worth it. I ended up not using the shims they sent with it. The angle of the drive shaft was just fine after the install. You can test this after you get if off jack stands. Another thing, I didn't do the c-notch either. Mainly because most of the roads around here are smooth. I have only had it hit once. But anymore then that and I'd install the c-notch. May still do it in the future. Last thing and probably the most important. I wouldn't attempt the install unless you have all the tools needed for the job. The kit is a Western Chasis Kit by the way. I have 4 or 5,000 miles on the kit now with no problems what so ever. The new shocks are really worth the extra money. Damn truck handles better then my girlfriends dads vette. Or pretty close. You just have to compare the aftermarket shocks to the stock ones. They have a hugh diameter. Big bore. I'm really happy with the way everything turned out. Only thing I notice is the new a-arms (I think) make a little noise when backing out the garage. Normal. I could try loosening the bolts a bit. Maybe so tight the arms are rubbing the sides when they move. For everything I gave right at $1,000.00 I didn't figure on spending that much. But I wanted to do it right. It rides just as good as stock. Just a little stiffer. Probably because of the new shocks.

Helix:thumbsup:

Last edited:

WhiteLightnin03

Established Member
man Helix that is my color but they sold it right in front of my face so i had to get white. man i love that color great L man Welcome:rockon: :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread