Pics of my inline turbo project

66sprint6

Blown Inliner (soon)
Established Member
Just got these pics the other day. Car has been down since Christmas gettin the motor rebuilt and the turbo stuff ready. Its so close i can almost taste it!

404529_61_full.jpg

404529_57_full.jpg

404529_56_full.jpg

Here are some pics of the J-pipe from the stock exhaust manifold and the downpipe we fabbed up.

404529_59_full.jpg

404529_60_full.jpg

Not an ALL OUT performance build, but itll be pretty fun non-the-less. Leaves me room to upgrade when I get bored of it, lol. Still plenty of work to do, but at least you get an idea of where its headed!
Matt

Last edited:

66sprint6

Blown Inliner (soon)
Established Member
Its a stock (ported) Garrett off an 87 Buick Grand National. Thats what I remember, I believe the hot side A/R is .63 but i dont remember the cold side. Next time I get a chance Ill look it up. Motor is built to the teeth tho, Forged internals, 274S cam, new head with 3 angle and bigger valves, etc. Should be fun to see what this thing will do!
Matt

thematrixhazune

Follow the white rabbit
Established Member
Sweet! - I remember having my old 200 in my 68'. VERY strong engine, although wasnt fast enough for me(90 hp stock)

Let us know how it does. - Are still keeping the points type ign?

66sprint6

Blown Inliner (soon)
Established Member
Yeah, its a 200...well, we had to bore it .040 for the pistons, so whats that make it, a 202, 204 or somethin, I dunno, lol. I will be getting video of it when its done cause my buddy wanted to see it before he went to China for the semester but I didnt have a chance. Ill post all I can get when the time comes! Thanks for the kind words, I wanted to be a bit different and keep the six, but I wasnt getting any respect on the streets and at some shows dominated by higher HP cars...maybe this will help a bit lol
Matt

TheOne™

Established Member
sounds like a straight T3 or so, i can't tell from the pics but thats good!(you may want to change the turbo though, bit small for a 6)

66sprint6

Blown Inliner (soon)
Established Member
Its workin pretty good for a buddy of mine, REAL quick spooler, and it came originally on the Buick six. I will work my way up to either a T3/T4 hybrid or a T04B in the future.
Matt

66sprint6

Blown Inliner (soon)
Established Member
Oh, and that Chevette looks like an AWESOME project car. I love random old compacts/hatchbacks that are built up (not hondas tho) There is an old 70s lancer and a few omnis around here that are awesome. Get a good video of that thing!
Matt

Turbo Johnny

Established Member
She's pushing 10lbs right now. It's fun but not fast yet. Going to put NOS to it and try to blow the motor so I can play with that too. But she's faster then it was beofre with her 65hp motor.

66sprint6

Blown Inliner (soon)
Established Member
LOL mine started with about 65rwhp. Im hoping to push the 300 mark if I can. I know its possible...but this is my driver so I will turn it down for the everyday commute
Matt

COBRA90GT

The Joe is rockin'
Established Member
Very nice, you don't see something like that everyday. Let us know what it puts down on the dyno once you finish it up!

tiredofchex

Established Member
sweet. I love DIY turbo setups. They're fun because you can find all sorts of ways to gain a few extra hp. Port the head and add water/methanol injection and you'll be near 300 hp for sure.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread