pics of my engine bay

vemom93

I have had 3 major changes to my engine bay in the last 2 years, so I figured I would place them all together so you could all see the progress. Hope you enjoy!

toby5.jpg

215793.jpg

215792.jpg

I just finished doing this tonight, so these are night time pics, sorry for the poor quality.

215794.jpg

215795.jpg

215796.jpg

215797.jpg

tunedin302

Runnin' with the devil
Established Member
Looks good and I concur on the pullies. What kind of turbo kit and how does it run?

vemom93

me too on the blue pullies, they were the first thing I was exited to get rid of. Its a PTK76gts kit, but I opted to not pay the 1500 dollars for the precision 76gts, and I waited to build my motor for a monster, and have been put putting around with a mpt70 instead. It runs around 450 to the rear wheels at 8 lbs, and no tuning on a pmas 3 inch tube with 42 lb injectors. But come the 29th of this month I am going to mike murillo, and I am getting a tune for 10, and 13 psi. Hoping for 650 rwhp.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
me too on the blue pullies, they were the first thing I was exited to get rid of. Its a PTK76gts kit, but I opted to not pay the 1500 dollars for the precision 76gts, and I waited to build my motor for a monster, and have been put putting around with a mpt70 instead. It runs around 450 to the rear wheels at 8 lbs, and no tuning on a pmas 3 inch tube with 42 lb injectors. But come the 29th of this month I am going to mike murillo, and I am getting a tune for 10, and 13 psi. Hoping for 650 rwhp.
For 650 rwh, you'll need more like 20 lbs out of that 70mm, which is possible.

Looks nice.

vemom93

got a guy here in austin on a 66mm turbonetics making 600 on 13 psi, and I have a much more aggressive setup than he did, so I think I can pull it off.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
What else do you have done to the engine?

I made 622 rwh at 21 lbs through a Turbonetics T70, with a good size intercooler, and 3.5" downpipe. The motor was mostly stock 93 cobra though with 8.5:1 forged pistons and an F303 cam.

You also run a high risk of splitting that block in half. I know I was on the edge and am surprised it lasted.

I'm sure you'll hit that hp goal, but I just think it'll take more boost than you're expecting.

vemom93

Dart block bored .030 306 with srp 8.5 pistons, eagle rods, scat crank, afr 185 heads with agressive porting, e-303 1.71 roller rockers, 4 bolt main girdle, canton 7 qt oil pan, the intake you can see in the pics. Lots of other small things like valves and what not, but the guy that made 600 on 13 lbs had full stock rotating assembly and block, afr 165 heads with chevy valves, 1.61 roller rockers comp cam and cryo2 on the intercooler. He ran 9s with that setup on a 88 coupe with full interior on a 10.5 tire.

as far as your setup goes, I like that you had a t70 its a good street turbo and thats what I have right now on mine, but I have a 76 gtq on the way, "I know should have gotten the gts, but it was a good deal on the gtq". I think with this turbo and say a .96 housing I should have any problems. That and I had the gt40 heads ported big time, and they were dogs when it came to forced induction. They were more than enough to split a stock block so I didnt replace them untill my new block. I think with the setup I have now 13 psi should be enough to crack close to the 650 hp number. If not I will crank it up. More of a hp goal not a psi goal so 13 psi might end up 17 or so. Besides psi is just a measurement of resistance at a certain cfm in boosted cars.

Last edited by a moderator:

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
Sorry dude, I had no idea you had a built motor like that. Judging by the pictures I assumed it was mostly stock. I'd say your goals are very realistic.

Last edited:

vemom93

you mean injectors... Yeah I should have, but I think I can hit 650 with my 2 walbro 255s and a fmu. I just dont want to deal with low impedence

Oh and no biggie on the missassumption on the engine. I left my sig pretty plain, I think its more fun that way!

MillCreekMafia

Established Member
hey first off, nice car/pics.. Incase you didn't know they do make High Impedence 60#hr Injectors now. The best investment of your life coule be a wideband (if you don't have one) and a anderson ford motorsport PMS. That's how i tune mine, and I must say it's very simple, and affordable in the long run due to new parts and the cost of new tunes.
PS. i still see your blue pullies hehe. :)

vemom93

CRAP!!!! I'm getting flamed :burn: :D
Yeah I think I might have to pull it all apart, and I just finished replacing all the spark plugs, and putting the turbo on my car so rtv copper gasket is drying right now, and I dont wanna mess with it that much till the 42 lb injectors and pmas are back in the engine, so I have some engine downtime till the tune. This might be the perfect opp to get this all cleaned up.

Users who are viewing this thread