Pics of my Dive trip. Key Largo

jdl1000

Established Member
Thought I'd post some pics of my dive trip to Key Largo last week. I'm sure there are some members on here that like diving as much as me. The pics were taken with a cheap Walgreens underwater camera so the quality is not perfect. I can't believe the camera handled the 135 FT depth.:bowdown: The pics of the wreck were on the US Coast Guard Cutter Duane. Me and some friends plan to go back early in November. :-D

lobsterdm6.jpg

parrotfishwa5.jpg

turtle1ex3.jpg

turtle2md9.jpg

yellowtailhn1.jpg

angelfishir1.jpg

barracudakf9.jpg

jellyfishpq5.jpg

stonefishws2.jpg

swimthroughfn7.jpg

duanepa3.jpg

duane2im8.jpg

turtle3so7.jpg

grooperif8.jpg

Last edited:

cobra429JetT

Sweet Sixer Ford Rep
Established Member
Nice pics
Cant wait for Winter Break so i can dive again.

Wheres the wreak pics?
Things are just a little different 100ft under eh? speaking from experience

Last edited:

jdl1000

Established Member
Just got the wreck pics up. Yea at 100 FT down things only get bigger. The Daune is a must dive! Very cool. Lots of Barracuda!

SSSNAKE03

WhippleCharged
Established Member
I dont know anything about diving....but how do you dive that far down with the water pressure?

the water pressure bothers me when I go to the bottom of a 5 foot pool

jdl1000

Established Member
SSSNAKE03 said:
I dont know anything about diving....but how do you dive that far down with the water pressure?

the water pressure bothers me when I go to the bottom of a 5 foot pool

You have to equilize your ears as you go down. You have to do the same thing when you fly in an airplane. Some people swallow to equilize, what works for me is to pinch my nose and lightly blow.:-D

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
I love diving. Its surprisingly exciting and tranquil at the same time. You're lucky you are so close to the coast! Nice pics!

Are you just Open Water, or do you have more advanced lessons under your belt?

stangd1909

GO NOLES
Established Member
DKS2814V said:
I love diving. Its surprisingly exciting and tranquil at the same time. You're lucky you are so close to the coast! Nice pics!

Are you just Open Water, or do you have more advanced lessons under your belt?

He is still just a rookie at this whole diving thing....LOL We are going down the second weekend of NOV (if anyone wants to go) to do a weekend of diving. After that we will be getting our advanced open water cards......

rev440

young punk
Established Member
Thats really cool! I was going to get certed but I dont have anyone to get certeed with so Ive never done it. Its still on my to do list for sure though.

cobra429JetT

Sweet Sixer Ford Rep
Established Member
jdl1000 said:

barracuda look intimidating on dives, they just sit there and it just looks like the staring you down.

Nothing compares to the giant jewfish that swam out from under a reef when we came over it though, made me stop and think twice.

jdl1000

Established Member
Here is some pics of the Spiegel Grove wreck but they didn't come out very well. The bad side to the cheap camera is the way its made any deeper than 90ft the case starts to crush in and turns on the flash. Here's a few pics of the Spiegel Grove dive with that camera. Visibility was around 50ft that day. We did go through a few rooms in the wreck. One of the pics was taken as we were coming out of the ship.

spiegelgrovery4.jpg

spiegelgrove1yq0.jpg

spiegelgrove2ol1.jpg

spiegelgrove3op7.jpg

spiegelgrove4sq0.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread