Pics of my 04 Vert with H&R SS springs and 18 inch saleen chromies on 315s out back!

87FOXGT

Established Member
Well, I finally got my digi cam back, and I just finished washing up the car so i could snap a few pics with the new wheel/spring combo.

I had the car lowered the car 1.5 inches with H&R SuperSports, and of course I now have 18 inch chrome saleen wheels with 315 BFG DRs out back.

Here is a before pic:

Misc_Car_Pics_5-24-4_008.gif

And here is after:

lowered_008.gif

And here are a few other new pics i just snapped:

lowered_010.gif

lowered_011.gif

lowered_001.gif

lowered_007.gif

The car looks sooo much better now, and the ass end looks so mean from the back, i love it. The stance is just right, and the ride is still pretty decent. :tup:

Now it's time to step up the performance mods ;)

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
Man thats alot of rubber, how do you guys get jacks under your cars after you lower them? I have a problem at stock height as is?

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
I have 2 2x4's I have to drive up on... it's a pain, but it looks so pretty...

87FOXGT

Established Member
thanks for the compliments guys. yeah thats what i do drive it up on a couple of 2x4s, so its high enough to get the jack under. PITA, but its worth it cause the stance is awesome!

venomous99

Established Member
whenever u mess with the suspension, its always a good idea to get an alignment just to be sure.
when i got my car lowered, i ended up getting caster camber plates to get some adjustability on the caster and rid of that right steering pull people complain about.

87FOXGT

Established Member
Thanks Jay, we gotta get out to NYI for some quarter mile racin sometime! :beer:

venomous,

You know what freakin pisses me off, i made a thread in the terminator forum that was an update to my original 315 BFG thread, and somehow it got deleted? anyways, once the car was lowered, it moved the bolt and shifter the IRS plate in towards the center of the wheel enough so that i dont even need the spacers, problem solved :)

87FOXGT

Established Member
Originally posted by venomous99
how much clearance do u have from the tire to the bracket?

tough to say without running out and measuring it, but i can pretty much slide my fingers through now with minimal resistance :D

venomous99

Established Member
the saleens are now offered in 18x10.5" by dante replicas with a 28mm offset(AFS is a 27mm). check crossroadzdirect.com as they have a sale on them $1000 shipped in chrome last time i checked.
ideally, you'd want a lil less than 27mm to avoid using a spacer in most cases.
i went with a 1/8" spacer for added clearance and do not rub with 315s

Last edited:

Joe5.0

Established Member
so could 18X10.5 fit on my non irs 00 saleen with a spacer? and 315's will fit the rim? Buy the way thanx for the link!:)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread