Pics of Ford Testing the Boss 351(V10) Concept

94FiveOhCOBRA

*=Boobs Are Awesome=*
Established Member
I think that engine is actually a 4.6 with 2 extra cylinders added?!? Somebody correct me if i'm wrong

TwoValveKid

Uh oh.....
Established Member
Im in agreement with the v10 think that was posted up there. I never did like the sound of the viper...why not just make a lovely 427 ci and slap it in there :) and if it had slicks...it wouldve prolly broken the rear end and blown its 325224624 transmission for the day :D

boostfreak07

Established Member
I downloaded & watched them last week but have since deleted them due to an overloaded hard drive.

The vids were nothing special, they were from a camera in the stands, there were no up close videos. The driver of the car seemed to have problems doing a decent burn out. The car did not sound like a viper v10 whatsoever...it was better!! Just imagine the exhaust note on the 4.6 dohc cobra and give it a deeper throaty sound with something exotic underneath. One spectator commented that it sounded like a ferrari.

The engine induction & managment system itself is something I wish ford would put in to a production vehicle. Twin throttle bodies and an ECU for each bank for more precise tuning. Sort of like the FR500 mustang with twin MAF's and twin throttle bodies but since these are pony cars and not exotics $$$$ will always prevent such technology from seeing a showroom floor.

It would be cool if they simply released a set of DOHC heads for the current 6.8L v10 and let speed freak car owners do the dirty with their own money.

Users who are viewing this thread