Pics of Cobras w/Deep Dish Chrome FR500

Mr Incredible

Established Member
I searched all over for pics and finally found a few so I decided to put them up in a thread. This way people can find them easily in a search and hopefully won't have to ask. :poke:

I love the way they look:bowdown: And will be buying some for mine shortly.

If anyone has some more pics of a Black Cobra with DD FR500's I would love to see them.

There's some pics of a sweet looking Sonic Blue here: http://www.utahstangs.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=1781&st=15

cars0058zo.jpg

IMG_3424.sized.jpg

IMG_3415.sized.jpg

IMG_3418.sized.jpg

IMG_3414.sized.jpg

IMG_3419.sized.jpg

cobra1.jpg

Mr Incredible

Established Member
I think it has to do with one of the bolts on the IRS. They will fit but there's a bolt that has to be cut off or something like that :shrug:

SICKBOY

Established Member
Really so does this need to be ground for addition of any deep dish Fr or bullit rims?

Last edited:

Mr Incredible

Established Member
SICKBOY said:
Really so does this bolt need to ground for addition of any deep dish Fr or bullit rims?

I think it's for anything over 10" wide. I'm not sure though, hopefully someone who knows will chime in.

ph363

Established Member
Mr Incredible said:
I think it's for anything over 10" wide. I'm not sure though, hopefully someone who knows will chime in.

To fit a 17x10.5 wheel you need to shave or replace the upper irs bolt with a low profile version. and you typically have to run a 3/8-1/2" spacer. There are no fitment issues with 18x10" wheels like this.

There is tons of documentation about this on these boards.

01CaliSnake

Established Member
hey guys, i actually just installed 17x10.5 fr500 DD's, on my 01 cobra and had no problems what so ever...i did install a spacer but i had no problems without the spacer....but when i put the rims on i also installed an eibach kit which i was told would clear me of any rubbing problems with the irs bolt....so if anyone has questions feel free to send me a message and i will do my best to answer it...Tom

BlueSS

01CaliSnake said:
hey guys, i actually just installed 17x10.5 fr500 DD's, on my 01 cobra and had no problems what so ever...i did install a spacer but i had no problems without the spacer....but when i put the rims on i also installed an eibach kit which i was told would clear me of any rubbing problems with the irs bolt....so if anyone has questions feel free to send me a message and i will do my best to answer it...Tom
Post Em' Up! :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread