Pics of C&C plates

Bionik_P

Established Member
Just wondering if anyone has any pictures of MM C&C plates installed on their Cobra. I did a search and couldn't come up with anything....

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
Sorry I don't have a better pic of the plates.
Jeff
dsc0965lb8.jpg

dsc0988nf6.jpg

Bionik_P

Established Member
Well that's a start! What I'm looking for is to see how high the strut bolt comes up in the center of the plates. Or does it differ depending on what setup you are running?

10thAnnvCobra

Member MACA
Established Member
My understanding is that it differs with the set up you are running. MM supplies a variety of spacers to use. Check their website they have an installation instruction that details this. :thumbsup:

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
Bionik_P said:
Well that's a start! What I'm looking for is to see how high the strut bolt comes up in the center of the plates. Or does it differ depending on what setup you are running?
Griggs GR-40, Koni's, with MM caster camber plates.
MM plates are far more adjustabe the the Griggs CC's.
You have to dail-in as much caster as possible with these old fox bodies.
The car feels a lot more stable at speed and the power steering no longer feels overboosted.

Last edited:

04TNCobra

Mystichrome #794
Established Member
DSC00635_small.jpg

If you lower the car they should be higher than stock height. I put H&R race springs on so I used 2 thick and 1 thin spacer on top, 1 thin on the bottom.
Measure how high they are stock and put them the same hight. If you lower it add the distance lowered to the stock height for how high they should be.

I also didn't use the dust boot or bump stop, per the directions which I somewhat verified from forums. You are supposed to be able to buy a dustshield from MM that fits with the CC plates if you want one.

Mikw4

Established Member
^^ mine looks the same. i was also confused with the whole dust boot, bump stop thing and verified on this website that you dont need it.

Users who are viewing this thread