pics of blowdown, pins, finished bottle & controller

NY04snake

track rat
Established Member
That and how about some nighttime gauges pics!!

The ones I took with the rocker switches all lit for "CC ARM" "IC PUMP" "NOS HEAT" "NOS ARM" were still screwed up? I give up, you can get a good idea with these pics and eventually you will see them all along with my LM-1, air duct shift light and center purge in movies I make from the car this coming season..

2007-0210_Cobra_LightedGauges-800.jpg

2007-0210_Cobra_dash-800.jpg

The trunk is finished, I had to run down a couple of the fasteners I bagged up & then promptly lost, but I found everything and after a good vacuming, it will be ready for the track in April!

2007-0210_Cobra_trunk-800.jpg

2007-0210_Cobra_Bottle-800.jpg

More trunk/Battery Box/Bottle plumbing shots.. Everything is threaded up thru grommeted holes and the Ol' money pit has quite a few holes in it now!

2007-0210_Cobra_NOSline-800.jpg

2007-0210_Cobra_blowdown-800.jpg

2007-0210_Cobra_controller-800.jpg

2007-0210_Cobra_Bottle2-800.jpg

2007-0210_Cobra_killSwitch-800.jpg

No store bought solution for the rear seat delete. A piece of cardboard became the jig, then a circular saw and a few hacks later the carpet from Lou at Laurel Mt. Mustang sent me perfectly matched the OEM carpets that were re-installed minus the sound insulation. I kinda like the looks of the rolled Aluminum firewall, no way I was covering that up!

2007-0210_Cobra_delete-800.jpg

2007-0210_Cobra_delete2-800.jpg

The hood pins were adjusted with welded nuts to the exact perfect height so considerable force has to be pressed close to the pins so they can slide out. You might think they are WAY too tight if you didn't realize how flexible the fiberglass hood is! I didn't attch the plastic covered retension wires, they are more for keeping you from loosing the pins, than a safety measure and the OEM latch assembly has removed to save weight.

2007-0210_Cobra_pins1-800.jpg

2007-0210_Cobra_pins2-800.jpg

I no longer thread the lead for the LM-1 up thru the shifter boot, it now has it's own grommeted hole into the passenger foot well area. A custom mount for the LM-1 is in the planning! Also pictured is the connection for the SCT old school Raptor datalogger. On the street I will have my custom Flame etched fire extinquisher, but unless it is permently attached as part of a fire retardant system, it is not NHRA legal, so I will pull it out for race days.

2007-0210_Cobra_LM-1plug-800.jpg

2007-0210_Cobra_Xtinguisher-800.jpg

o4cOb|2a

Wheel Hop 4 Life
Established Member
I like those gauges too. You did one hell of a nice job!

99caddysts

Established Member
What do you have for seats?

Some full interior shots would be awesome.

Looks good so far!

NY04snake

track rat
Established Member
F8LSNAKE said:
So what kind of track #s for that beast?

I want a 10.0 index car. It is legal to 9.99 and will pass NHRA or IHRA inspection. Without the sauce I will dial around 10.5, maybe a little quicker. With the juice I will switch the jets, tune and spray window to run 10.0. The 0.49 jet is around 100-125hp but I might have to run something less. When the clock is off, well who knows! I'm not sure, but I don't think too many guys have run nines with the original Eaton no matter what else was done to the car! I'm counting on the Steg IV port, 6lb lower + 2.80 uppper to see around 16.5#'s of boost even with long tubes and with the way I am spraying directly into the blower I'm hoping to maybe pop a nine.

99caddysts said:
What do you have for seats?

Some full interior shots would be awesome.

Looks good so far

Kirkey Aluminum Drag seats for driver AND passenger. Both with Simpson 5-Point Cam-Lock belt systems with specially welded anchors, one of the first things installed at the begining of last years winter build up that took 13 mos so far. Check out 04snake.com/pics.htm I have some early pics there but I have yet to everything assembled and in the carpeted interior, I'm trying and I will be glad to share the finished pics.

cobrasvtxyz said:
sick gauges!! but do you still have a stereo??

?? your kidding right. The only time I had the radio/stereo on in this jalopy since I installed the StainlessWorks longtubes was when I wanted to listen to the tower broadcasting on FM, I'll use a walkietalkie instead and save around 30lbs of electronics and speaker maagnets.

The speaker covers are still there though, just to look stock! LOL!!

wwmost

Established Member
wow this project looks like its coming along good. still got the IRS? get that baby a good cleaning, im sure she deserves it after all the beatings and holes you put in her lol. but it looks sweet dude:rockon: im sure you will get some good footage of this car when its all done.

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
That's cool, so you're still running the eaton. I'm trying to do the same thing, but just hurt my motor yesterday. I'll be putting it back together and upgrading the fuel system and shoot for 10.50's on motor and then put the juice to it. Good luck man. Post it up what it runs when you get a chance, especially some video. Do you know what it weighs?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread