Pics of 295/35 or 295/40?

V3C1AN

Established Member
Recently swapped to a 5-lug with some Saleen Reps. wrapped in 275/35/18 KDW2's in the rear and 245/35/18's in the front. Decided the fronts look a little stretched on the 9" rims and am therefor going to opt for the 255's. While examining the rear I started thinking the rears could use a little more meat as well and therefor ordered a set of 18x10's to house a wider tire :coolman:. The question is whether or not anyone has any pics of their fox sitting on a 295/35/18 or a 295/40/18?

As is ...
DSC00177.jpg

DSC00164.jpg

Last edited:

delvin.a

Established Member
I can't help you out with your question but Daaaaanng man! That is a really clean look you've crafted. Lovin it

WillyB93

Established Member
Did you have to use spacers for the rear to fit without rubbing? There has been some people that posted some pictures before.

delvin.a

Established Member
Do you have any pics of the fronts? I'm thinking about the same size tire/wheel combo on my '93

UWISSSH

Underground 93 Guru
Established Member
What length axles are you running in the rear? They don't appear to stick out bad at all. I noticed you are not running tailpipes, which helps. I just put 275 MT street radials on the stock rims and they just barely clear the tailpipes and brake lines.

ForceFedStang

Established Member
Not the best pics, but here are a few of mine. Look a little similar? LOL I always wanted the Saleen style wheels and had contemplated black, but when you posted pics of yours a while ago it made me go for it.

I recently did the brakes and suspension along with the wheels...

95 Spindles & Hubs, painted black and new wheel studs/bearings
03/04 Cobra powdercoated front & rear calipers
Baer Decelera 03/04 Cobra Front & rear zinc washed/slotted/drilled rotors
North Racecars rear caliper brackets
MM SS Braided Brake Lines all 4 corners
Adjustable Prop Valve
Fox length Moser 31 spline 5 lug rear axles
03/04 FRPP 31 spline posi diff
Bilstein rear shocks/front struts
MM Front Coil Covers with 300 in-lbs springs
MM CC Plates
MM Bumpsteer Kit
Poly Swaybar endlinks
H&R Super Race Rear Springs (285 in-lbs)
MM Front Control Arms
MM Strut Tower Brace & K-member brace (yet to install)

I plan to take the car up to the local perf shop (Alternative Auto) soon and have them install the full length MM Subframe connectors and align the car. Eventually, I'll swap the rear Hotchkis Upr & Lwr control arms for MM adj lower arms (would like to lower the rear a bit) and a MM Panhard bar and Torque Arm. That's next year's project along with new exhaust. The car currently has the original OEM exhaust with an off road H-pipe and shorty headers. My next project is to find some time to get the motor done (sportsman based 347 + 190cc TW, Holley Intake, Incon 800TT, Megasquirt, etc)... hoping to install the cam in the shortblock this weekend and then start buttoning it up. I have the parts, just no time!

Enough ranting, here's the specs on the wheels and tires and I do intend on doing something better with the center caps...

Front: 18X9 24mm Wheels + 245/40ZR/18 Nitto NT555 Tires
Rear: 18X10 22mm Wheels + 285/35ZR/18 Nitto NT555 Tires

BTW - No fender rolling or clearancing at all, front nor rear

rearshot.jpg

sideshotu.jpg

frontsideshot.jpg

Last edited:

V3C1AN

Established Member
What length axles are you running in the rear? They don't appear to stick out bad at all. I noticed you are not running tailpipes, which helps. I just put 275 MT street radials on the stock rims and they just barely clear the tailpipes and brake lines.

Running standard Fox length axles to cut down on them sticking out. Wasn't a fan on how far a SN-95 length axle pushes out the wheels. Yeah, not tail pipes as there would have been clearance issues and would have therefor needed to have a custom set fabricated. I looked as it as an opportunity to see how my set of 1-chamber Flows would sound as turn downs. Definitely the right choice :rockon:. Very nice on the choice of tires. Heard nothing but great things.

ForceFedStang

Established Member
Nice shot!

Not yet, but I will and I will get tailpipes in there too! FWIW - my '89 LX had a T56, MM panhard bar and 275 17's in the rear and I ran 2.5" factory style tailpipes. I bought the pipes from LRS and had a custom exhaust shop in town install them. I had 2 chamber Flo's and a catted Magnaflow X-pipe. Everything was T304 stainless aside from the T409 stainless mufflers. He had to do a little work to the tail pipes to clear the panhard and also modified the X-pipe to clear the T56, but it all fit very nicely and I plan to have him do the same setup but with different mufflers after I get the new engine/trans in the Cobra. I just love the look of tailpipes on a fox. I've always been an LX guy, but even the Cobra still looks great with the tails out the back. I'm also too old for dumps any more and my wife would hang me if I ran them. :)

Last edited:

WillyB93

Established Member
Good looking car, I think the center caps look fine on the black wheels!

V3C1AN

Established Member
Nice shot!

Not yet, but I will and I will get tailpipes in there too! FWIW - my '89 LX had a T56, MM panhard bar and 275 17's in the rear and I ran 2.5" factory style tailpipes. I bought the pipes from LRS and had a custom exhaust shop in town install them. I had 2 chamber Flo's and a catted Magnaflow X-pipe. Everything was T304 stainless aside from the T409 stainless mufflers. He had to do a little work to the tail pipes to clear the panhard and also modified the X-pipe to clear the T56, but it all fit very nicely and I plan to have him do the same setup but with different mufflers after I get the new engine/trans in the Cobra. I just love the look of tailpipes on a fox. I've always been an LX guy, but even the Cobra still looks great with the tails out the back. I'm also too old for dumps any more and my wife would hang me if I ran them. :)

Preciate it. I was the same until I heard em' on mine. Luckily my g/f doesn't mind loud cars. Actually, the last comment she made she was following me back from the shop in her car. As I lightly accelerated while turning onto a side street she said she could feel the vibration traveling up her inner thighs. She then said she wished I had given it more gas to finish the travel. :banana:

delvin.a

Established Member
Preciate it. I was the same until I heard em' on mine. Luckily my g/f doesn't mind loud cars. Actually, the last comment she made she was following me back from the shop in her car. As I lightly accelerated while turning onto a side street she said she could feel the vibration traveling up her inner thighs. She then said she wished I had given it more gas to finish the travel. :banana:

That's my kinda lady!

Users who are viewing this thread