Pics..KB/98 install finished!

Mac25

Established Member
That looks awesome!!!!And that is one of the cleanest engines I have seen! :rockon:

Last edited:

Yell98CobraVert

Established Member
Kovachian said:
That looks HOT. What kind of hood is covering that up?

I wanted to keep the stock look...I've always liked the 96-98 twin hood scoops, so I notched the bracing on the underneath back side of the hood; KB provides the template. At first I dreaded this part of the install. I bought a new hood liner so I did not have to cut the original. I
also kept the fiberglass cut-out in case I would ever want to put the car back in original condition. Using a dremmel, it was a piece of cake to cut.

Yell98CobraVert

Established Member
STKClutch said:
I want one so bad

If a major increase in hp is what you are after, IMOP the blower is the way to go. As long as you do not go too high with the psi, your stock motor will be just fine.... it really woke up my 98! If you want to go with a higher psi, beef up the internals, clutch and increase the octane and enter the world of flat out wild!

Ain'tQuiteCobra

Damn clean engine bay. :drool: I was looking at that blower myself, but I just can't afford to pony up the dough for it quite yet. I'd be interested in seeing the work you've done to your hood, as I may have to notch mine, or I may have to get a new hood, though I'm leaning for a new one. :)

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
Damn that looks so badass man, do you have any numbers yet? My friend on another site has a 97 pushing 400 rwhp, again, very hot!

Yell98CobraVert

Established Member
aintquitecobra said:
Damn clean engine bay. :drool: I was looking at that blower myself, but I just can't afford to pony up the dough for it quite yet. I'd be interested in seeing the work you've done to your hood, as I may have to notch mine, or I may have to get a new hood, though I'm leaning for a new one. :)

Thanks! Depends on what year...some of the newer Cobra's/GT's do not have to notch the hood. I will take a pic tonight and send it to you in private messages. My original hood liner will actually cover up the notched area, but I kept the cut-out in case I ever sell it and the new owner wanted a totally original car.

Yell98CobraVert

Established Member
Black96SVT said:
Damn that looks so badass man, do you have any numbers yet? My friend on another site has a 97 pushing 400 rwhp, again, very hot!

Thanks! What site is your friend on? I am looking for a reputable dyno/speed shop in the Tacoma/Seattle area. I want to make sure the KB chip is controlling the proper A/F mixture.

Ain'tQuiteCobra

I was wondering because I have a 1996 Mustang that went from V-6 to DOHC V-8. I'm having problems with the intake not clearing in the back, so I was thinking of notching the hood. Either that or I'll buy a 2000 Cobra R from Cervini's for the 1994-1998. :)

Users who are viewing this thread