Pics, Just mounted 315/30/18 BFG DRs

SCT2003

2012 3.7 & 1986 NOTCH
Established Member
How do you like the pilots on the street???

Should I get those for my 18x10.5's out back??? What rim and tire size you run up front???

Thnaks...

Later...Dave

04HarleyF250

Fun in the Sun
Established Member
Looks real nice.

Did you have any problems with the steeda button head bolts (torque)?

I dont know whats worse, bigger spacer, or the fear of stripping the low profile bolt if it ever needs to come apart.

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
No problems with the button head bolts, even with the small hex key. Just be sure you're on there straight. I'm running 18x10" rear wheels. Just added the spacers, button heads and rolled the fenders a bit. I really liked the Pilots but when they wear down they become slicks pretty quick. They'll start to look like the BFG DR in the center of the tread. From the sides you'll think you're good down the center it will be slick. Pretty expensive these days. I think over $400 a pop.
The fronts are 275/35/18.

Last edited:

Fatboy07

Established Member
04 mystique Cobra you said you had to roll your fender lips? if so how did you do this, what abou the paint, I have the same tires as you just need to order some wheels, was thinking about getting AFS 04 cobras, what is your backspacing

Thanks.

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Isnt the middle wear due to the tire being to big for the wheel?

No. The way the Pilots are grooved in the center, once worn down, have no tread patten. It just a straight cut. They still wear evenly. ALL tires are rounded on the edges and will still show some sort of tread pattern moreso than the centers will after being worn.
As for rolling the fenders I just messaged them with a rubber mallet, some wood and a heat gun. I did get some minor cracks but nothing bad. I also shaved some of the fender, maybe a 1/4". Didnt go into the spot welds.

Last edited:

MisterChrome

Established Member
Hey nice ride! love the color! So are you running Pilots up front always? And swapping BFGs and Pilots in the rear. Since you are running 315 on a 10" wheel, do you think I can squeeze some 335s on the 10"? The reason for it is that as much as I love the BFG DR, I want KDW since they are ZR rated and are more performance vs straight line 1/4 stuff. I was looking into pilots but I really like the WIDE stance of KDWs. How would you compare the width of the pilots to the KDWs?

mystical

Established Member
315's are a stretch on a 10" rim, I wouldn't attempt a 335. I've had 295 35 KDW's, now I have 295 DR. Look and fit great, no rubbing, no complaints. The reason I didn't go 315 30 is because I like the raked stance and think it looks silly when the fronts are taller than the rears.

DanielB

WHPPLD
Established Member
Absolutely gorgeous car! My gf has a drop top mystichrome 04 and Im trying to get her to put those same wheels on her car! Looks good!

NastySVT

KindofaBigDeal
Established Member
Those are sick tires for the track but DO NOT drive them in the rain. AND the life one those suck bad! But otherwise Sick tires look hot.

Tom's_03SVT

Established Member
they look like they won't last as long as nitto's??

They hook twice as well and wear out 1/2 as fast. I'm hoping to get 6K miles out of my BFG DR's.

there really isnt any comparision between the two tires. You're going to love the traction with these tires. I'm making 575RW and my car hooks hard in 2nd through 4th.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread