-pics- HDR photoshoot of my HUMMER

NB99COBRA

shut em down open up shop
Established Member
Nice pics. So you liked the H3? I'm just about sick of all the problems I've had with my Envoy and my wife likes the H3...was it pretty reliable? I'm a little gunshy of another GM SUV.

bubbrubb

Nice pics. So you liked the H3? I'm just about sick of all the problems I've had with my Envoy and my wife likes the H3...was it pretty reliable? I'm a little gunshy of another GM SUV.

Yeah, I liked my H3. Would I lease another one? I'm not so sure. It is slow, has a rough ride, gets bad gas mileage, can't hold that much stuff.

BUT it looks cool (at least mine does, to me anyways) and you'll never get stuck in snow. I don't take the best care of mine, and the only thing I've had an issue with was a broken CD player that was my own fault (wasn't looking at the stereo, didn't realize that it was trying to eject a CD... yeah.) Beyond that there was a heat shield rattle from just medial to the passenger side wheel. Bent it, fixed it.

oh yeah, and LOTS of wind noise/tire noise on the highway, but that may be since mine is leveled and has bigger tires on it (295/70 vs 265/70). When I had my SMA brush guard, I got some wiper rattle at highway speeds.

It's also electronically governed at 94mph, but with my tires, somebody managed to make the GPS read 110 :lol1:

I took it to the track for shits and giggles one time, and it confirmed teh slowness. 2.65 60', 18.52 @ 75 mph. My tires were a little deflated though I guess. oh, and that time was with sidestepping the brake with the gas pedal planted :nonono:

snow story: I used to live in Cleveland and there were a few days when it was technically illegal to drive unless it was absolutely necessary. Well, that meant everybody in the house had the day off, so it was absolutely necessary we stock up on beer/movies/etc at that moment... one time there was 20-22" of snowfall within 36 hours, my neighbors jeep got stuck in their unplowed driveway... good thing I keep straps in the back and I was home or he'd have been doin some shoveling. I was able to drive in/out all around the snow without getting hung up too much. never got stuck :thumbsup: One thing I will say is that AT tires are not the greatest with slick/slush conditions (or at least mine weren't). Just cause you won't get stuck, doesn't mean physics don't apply. it's still a heavy truck with a wide footprint, so braking can be an issue if its slick/bumpy/etc.

If there is anything in particular you wanna know, just ask in here or PM me :beer:

bubbrubb

Great pics! I love the H3's. Ever take it off-roading?
this is about the limit of what it's seen :lol:
4030453735_8b0aed36bf_o.jpg

Turkish

The Perpetrator
Established Member
Where's the action shots! I want to see that thing flexed up!

bubbrubb

Where's the action shots! I want to see that thing flexed up!
you won't see those pics from me unfortunately :nonono:
nice pics! That's a clean H3, makes me want to get one now. also the new whip looks good. VW right?
Thanks man! And yeah, it's a dub :beer:
..I don't see a jag...are you talking about the VW?
I can see a little bit of a jaguar in it, but its the first time either I or NateV8 have heard that one :rolling:

bad pic to show the lines, but you get the idea. Hood and overall profile are fairly similar the more I look at it.
IMG_9708.jpg

I like that you didn't over due the effect. Nice shots.
Thank you! That's the best type of HDR compliment a guy can get! :beer:

bubbrubb

Users who are viewing this thread