Pics and Info from my 2100 Mile Road Trip on my 06 ZX6R

B-O-B'03

Established Member
Looks like a great trip, thanks for sharing your pictures with us :thumbsup:

We have been to most of those places, in the family truckster.

I took a bike trip with the wife, many years ago, before we had kids and we went 2500 miles, without leaving Texas :rockon:

Check out the Big Bend National Park area some time, cool place, the river road, between Study Butte and Lajitas is great for a bike.

-Brian

Misfitflesh

Established Member
Glad to see everything worked out for you. Were you the one talking about making this trip last year or so? I just rememeber someone asking if that was too for on a sport bike.

JasonFC

Somethings different
Established Member
P1030163-1.jpg

That is the south rim, in the town of Grand Canyon, about ~80 or so miles away from Flagstaff. I was in that EXACT spot last summer, I took almost the same EXACT picture... SO cool to see that spot again.. Ill dig up my cross country trip pics and show you how close we were to standing in the same spot.

EDIT: I pulled one of the pictures off my myspace, its not the same angle, and this is a picture my best friend took of me on that out crop.. Im that tiny little speck sitting on the edge. Ill do more digging thru my CDs to find the exact picture, but you can see how close w were to the same spot.

l_d0fc1c839f1c75cbfa1b5f51597a41d3.jpg

EDIT:: Its so awesome to look at someone elses picture and say "Yea, Ive been there, Ive done that"

Last edited:

His Grace

Genesis 1:31
Established Member
I havent even read your post yet, just excited to hear back from you. Man this trip has actually been on my mind LOL for a long time. I remember last year when you started a thread about it, and I was trying to convince you not to hahahahah Good to hear from you bud.

His Grace

Genesis 1:31
Established Member
Thats crazy JasonFC! cool pic.

Well, man, it sounds like a good trip, were you lonely?

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
I really would have preferred this to have been left in Road Side :nonono:

Very nice thread. Your crazy. I don't see myself making a trip like that on a bike, but it would be nice doing instead of in the confines of a car.

Thanks

I would not make this trip in a car, it's like the difference between camping in a tent and bringing a drive in camper imo.

Awesome pictures! Thanks for sharing them here.

Nice pictures. How comfortable was the ZX6R? It looks like you traveled pretty lightly. How was the weather?

It wasn't bad, I think I have one of the more comfortable seats out of the sportbikes. The weather was perfect most of the time but there were a couple times it wasn't cooperating. I ran into some rain, snow, hail... You know all that good stuff :lol1:

Great pictures! Thank you for sharing those. How did you pack everything into those tiny little bags?

Rolled everything up and it fit nicely, I had about 5 shirts, 4 pairs of jeans and everything else I needed. I was suprised how much I could cram into those things.

:coolman: Some cool pictures

Very cool!

When are you going to be up for another road trip like that again?

Ha I would probably do it again in a few weeks if I had the time and money, but it probably won't be anytime soon since I have neither lol :nonono:

Amazing pictures!

I once drove my bike from Phoenix to San Diego and on into Mexico. What a blast that was.

I bet, I'm starting to miss the roads out there in AZ already.

That's awesome man!

Thank you :thumbsup:

Nice! If you are ever in Alabama you should stop by Barber Motorsports Park. They have a killer motorcycle museum.

Definitely will keep that in mind, don't know if I'll ever be out there but if I am I will be sure to check it out.

Thanks for the info :beer:

Wow what a cool trip! Thanks for sharing.

No problem :coolman:

I am glad you had a safe journey. It looks like you had a great time. :thumbsup:

Thanks and I sure did, it was amazing :rockon:

Wow! I would kill to see monument valley! Did you carry extra gas?

Nope, I just made sure to fill up every 100 or so miles, didn't even have any close calls really. Monument Valley is one of the coolest places I have ever been to, I loved it.

Wow thats awesome. I think my back would give out past 300miles lol

Eh, It's not as bad as you may think, my ass hurt more than anything lol :dw:

That looks like a heck of a trip on a bike.

That it was :banana:

Awesome pictures, glad to hear the bike will handle a long trip like that.

Thanks, yeah I did all the basic maintenance beforehand, changed the oil, plugs, and coolant. It only had about 10k on it at the start of the trip so it handled it pretty well.

Thanks for sharing those pictures. We don't get to see nice stuff like that here out East. Glad the trip was a safe one. I need to make a cross country trip. If I ever get the chance where I can close up shop for a month I am there!!!

Goodluck, you won't regret it, the most beautiful views I have ever seen.

Beautiful pics man, thanks for sharing!!! Looks like a great time! :thumbsup:

Thanks and no problem :beer:

Wow, truly amazing! :thumbsup:

You are lucky! That looks like an awesome trip!

Haha it sure was :rockon:

Great pics. Thanks for sharing!

:beer:

Looks like a great trip, thanks for sharing your pictures with us :thumbsup:

We have been to most of those places, in the family truckster.

I took a bike trip with the wife, many years ago, before we had kids and we went 2500 miles, without leaving Texas :rockon:

Check out the Big Bend National Park area some time, cool place, the river road, between Study Butte and Lajitas is great for a bike.

-Brian

For sure, thanks for the info :beer:

Amazing pics! Looks like you saw a lot!! I need to go to a few of those places someday!

You won't believe it, the pics do not do these places justice.

2100 miles is insane on a street bike. cool pics, i bet your glad you did it now.

Oh for sure, thanks man :thumbsup:

Glad to see everything worked out for you. Were you the one talking about making this trip last year or so? I just rememeber someone asking if that was too for on a sport bike.

Yep that was me! I finally did it, thanks :beer:

P1030163-1.jpg

That is the south rim, in the town of Grand Canyon, about ~80 or so miles away from Flagstaff. I was in that EXACT spot last summer, I took almost the same EXACT picture... SO cool to see that spot again.. Ill dig up my cross country trip pics and show you how close we were to standing in the same spot.

EDIT: I pulled one of the pictures off my myspace, its not the same angle, and this is a picture my best friend took of me on that out crop.. Im that tiny little speck sitting on the edge. Ill do more digging thru my CDs to find the exact picture, but you can see how close w were to the same spot.

l_d0fc1c839f1c75cbfa1b5f51597a41d3.jpg

EDIT:: Its so awesome to look at someone elses picture and say "Yea, Ive been there, Ive done that"

Haha that is awesome, what are the chances lol it's a great place to see, the pics do not do it justice.

About2bite,...AWESOME pics man!!! Did you move back to Crown Point?

Yep sure did, I'm back :beer: There is the Lansing cruise night this Sat I believe, I may take the Cobra up there if it's nice.

I havent even read your post yet, just excited to hear back from you. Man this trip has actually been on my mind LOL for a long time. I remember last year when you started a thread about it, and I was trying to convince you not to hahahahah Good to hear from you bud.

Haha yeah man I finally did it and it was a blast. The pics should speak for themselves lol I took hundreds and couldn't be happier with the trip!

Thats crazy JasonFC! cool pic.

Well, man, it sounds like a good trip, were you lonely?

Eh, it would have been nice to have someone to tag along with but I had a great time either way. I am just glad I went through with it and had as good of a time as I did. These pics will definitely keep this amazing trip fresh in my memory.

Stevo151

Established Member
wow that is crazy man!!!! my friend is just getting his bike and wanting to drive from seattle down to socal were i live! only 1200 miles tho... sweet pics and man that must have been amazing! how much did u spend on the trip if u dont mind me asking

faststang87

Smoke Em!
Established Member
Looks Awesome man! Great Pictures! That must have been a great trip! How was Chicago?

Last edited:

Oman_cobra

Established Member
Colorado is beautiful !! i remember i went there couple of years back when i was staying in Pittsburgh, & what a place...
thanks for sharing the pics man !

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
very badass pics!!!

Awesome pics...My wrists would've been shot after that trip on my zx10r...Props and thanks for sharing!!!

For that exact reason I had my throttle lock, it definitely saved my wrists.

wow that is crazy man!!!! my friend is just getting his bike and wanting to drive from seattle down to socal were i live! only 1200 miles tho... sweet pics and man that must have been amazing! how much did u spend on the trip if u dont mind me asking

Man I have no idea what I spent. If I had to guess I would say in the area of $600 on the trip and about another $500 on stuff for my bike. These are rough estimates though, but it was definitely worth every penny. More expensive than shipping the bike but also a hell of a lot more fun.

awesome pics man. and you rolled deep by yourself too?

Huh :shrug:

I was by myself if that's the question

Looks Awesome man! Great Pictures! That must have been a great trip! How was Chicago?

Well I live right outside Chicago, driving in Chicago sucks but the city is cool.

Colorado is beautiful !! i remember i went there couple of years back when i was staying in Pittsburgh, & what a place...
thanks for sharing the pics man !

It sure is :beer:

Nice pics! I need to go back to Southern Colorado again, such an amazing place to be. Check out my pics from a while ago, looks like we were on the same road

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...4610-vacation-pics-southwestern-colorado.html

Looks about right, very cool pics man :rockon:

Did you make it to pikes peak in colorado springs? Such an epic road going up.

I don't think so, I didn't go any further North than Denver. I'm not exactly sure where Pikes Peak in but I don't remember seeing anything about it.

Man nice pics. I have been to the four corners also and enjoyed it.

The four corners was cool, just nice to be able to sey I've been there. Definitely worth the $3

Users who are viewing this thread