Pics: 03 Cobra, HID's etc...

Established Member
No, I didn't have any problems at all with my PHP intake. It installed flawlessly.

Cool, I didn't know 9005's fit in there! Time for another order!!!

Yes, if you ordered the 6000K kit from Xenondepot, so you will get the same Phillips kit.

As far as pictures and mounting, yikes. I don't want to pull my battery out again. Just remove the battery and there is plenty of room to install the ballast in there. For the passenger side, I mounted it to the under my intake.

It was pretty easy. You only have to mount the ballasts, because the igniters are built into the ballast. It is true plug and play so there are no wires to cut and splice. And it only plugs into one side of the car, the wires are daisy chained, very simple design.

blwn88cpe

Established Member
Nice pics! Love the baby seat in back too, looks like mine.:lol: My 2 year old loves the Cobra.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
909 I have a solution to your fogs, my pics wouldn't come out(bad camera) but www.eurolights.com xenon charged blue white would match your HID's perfectly, I have had them for a year now and they haven't burned out yet. They are about $38, but worth it.

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
quick question about the HID's

the site says that you lose your high beams with the 9004's.
so, what does it do when you have it in high beams? stay on, or turn off?

also, do you know if there are any HID bulb kits thatll fit our foglights?

thanks!
Homer

03Screamer

Established Member

909, Hey how's it goin!? Sorry to bug you, but my dad and I had a few question for you. I noticed that you have an 03 Cobra, and previously owned an Sti and WRX. BTW, your Cobra is sweet, gotta love the 315 nitto's and those sweet aftermarket seats. Your Cobra looks mean and clean! It's nice to see clean cobra's around instead of riceboy Saleens, with tasteless body kits :nonono: Anyway, my dad is going to be selling his 02 BMW m-roadster with S54 m3 engine, and is looking at either a 03 Cobra, 05 stang, STi, or evolution. The M is a sweet little car, he just wants something with some more room, and doesn't want to own a bimmer anymore, I think he just wants something new to play with lol. I used to own a WRX with intake, exhaust, wheels and tires, and a short shift kit. We thought this car was pretty wimpy, for what it was cracked up to be. The brakes were shitty, the clutch was weak, the steering didn't have much feel, and low end tourqe was kind of weak. I could see how this car could have been fun with some more aftermarket parts though. The M-roadster has great power for a small car, with a sweet sounding engine, great brakes, incredible steering feedback, and a awesome clutch and gearbox. Back to my question, the Sti from what I've heard sounds like a totally different car from the wrx. How would you compare the Cobra that you have, to the Sti or WRX that you previously owned. My dad and I like the monster V-8 and the great mod potential of the cobra, as well as the pretty good exterior looks. We just don't know how the thing communicates with the driver (steering, brakes, driving position, etc.), in other terms is it all quantity over quality and an outdated beast? From what we've read, we like the Evolution and Sti because of the razor sharp handling, response, and driver communication, especially in the EVO. We also like the build quality of Jap cars more, as well as the interior comfort and feel. But what we don't like is the 4 bangers in these cars. The Evo has great mod potential if you're willing to run high octane gas, but will never have that all out brutal sound or tourqe that the cobra has. In the Sti, it sounds decent, has good tourqe for a 4-cyl, and has good modification potential, but still will never compare to a V-8. There's just something to be said for a healthy
V-8 :rockon: Sorry to make this so long, but we just wanted to get a opinion from somebody who's actually had experience with both cars, and not some biased bullshiter from each car owner. I understand everyone has different taste and prefrences, but I thought I would see what your opinion was. We can't test drive an evo or sti, and have never tried for the cobra, so where kind of clueless at this point. Thanks a bunch man, your advice will make our decision a lot easier. :beer: Later

Last edited:

Armitron69

Established Member
I finally installed my Xenon Depot kit.
I also got the 6000k set.
01.JPG

02.JPG

03.JPG

Established Member
Thanks everyone.

Yes, you will no longer have high beams with this set up. However, there is supposedly a kit coming out that will retain the High beams, dual HID.

But, in a nutshell, you won't need your high beams with these! They are very bright.

When you put your high beams on, the fogs turn off, but there is no interuption to the HID's. The kit is wired so the ballasts never see the high beam signal. They did a great job designing the kit. Most aftermarket HID kits, when they see any fluctuation of voltage (like flipping from high to low beams), it makes the bulbs flicker. This kit is very well thought out. Honestly, I live in Oregon, where it is dark and rains a lot, these HID's are so bright I can't ever see wanting high beams.

XenonDepot

Established Member
Hello,

The group buy links that we have provided in order to get the discounted price will be expiring Feb 16th 2004.

Prices will be going back up to regular price!!!

9007 Kits in stock and ready to be shipped!

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread