Pickup car 03 what should I expect.

Elliotness

Established Member
Hey guys I just called VOPC and found that my car (first ever Cobra) has "arrived at the ramp" I think I'll get the car early this week.

The car is already financed. I financed through my credit union. The dealership will not take care of TT and L since I'm an out of state buyer.

What can I expect when I arrive to pick up the car at the dealership. I know somewhere they are going to try and hit me with some added cost. I would like to prepare for them...

What are the warranty options?

Does the car come with a basic warranty or can I expect an added cost even for the base warranty?

What other dealer options/cost will they try to add to my purchase?

Thanx

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Originally posted by Elliotness
Hey guys I just called VOPC and found that my car (first ever Cobra) has "arrived at the ramp" I think I'll get the car early this week.

The car is already financed. I financed through my credit union. The dealership will not take care of TT and L since I'm an out of state buyer.

What can I expect when I arrive to pick up the car at the dealership. I know somewhere they are going to try and hit me with some added cost. I would like to prepare for them...

What are the warranty options?

Does the car come with a basic warranty or can I expect an added cost even for the base warranty?

What other dealer options/cost will they try to add to my purchase?

Thanx

Elliot,

It should come with a base 3 Year/36,000 warranty. I got the 6/60,000 extended, but I don't remember the cost. The 10/100,000 on my Vette was $2000, so that should give you an idea :shrug:

Balloonmeister

Established Member
Elliott,

I also bought my car out of state (TX) and will register it here in NM. Here is what I am doing:
1. The dealer where I bought it will mail me the Certificate of Origin after I inspect the car (which is being courtesy delivered here in ABQ) and accept it. I will take the CoO, along with proof of insurance, the original purchase agreement and my license to NM Motor Vehicle Division and register the car in my name. The CoO will note that the lien is held by my CU and when NM MVD cuts the NM title they will note that fact, and then mail the title to my CU. I have already sent the dealer a check from the CU but they won't cash it until they receive notification that I have accepted the car.

I got my warranty from the dealer I puchased it from after referring him to the web site which advertises Ford MC warranties at great prices (do a search on warranties). He matched their price.

Don't know of any other options that they might try to add on, though I would like to get a set of Cobra floor mats.

I wish I knew the status of my car. Since Sep 12, the VOPC has said every day that the car has been produced and its ETA is the week of Sep 23. But nothing else. I have asked my dealer in TX to find out where the car is but have heard nothing. I am really starting to get concerned. It's been over a week since being produced and the message hasn't changed one bit.

Cobra'03

Established Member
Lawman: I would think long and hard about the add on warranty - I personally think they are sucker punches, and when I read the Cobra warranty, and saw how much of it is warranteed on an extended basis (including the supercharger) as part of the emissions extension to the 3/36, I decided it was not for me. Not flaming those that got it, but there is a reason the dealers push these things - they take in far more than they pay out. They may tell you they covered a repair after the Bumper to Bumper, but in many cases they are still billing back to Ford for the emissions warranty.

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Originally posted by Cobra'03
Lawman: I would think long and hard about the add on warranty - I personally think they are sucker punches, and when I read the Cobra warranty, and saw how much of it is warranteed on an extended basis (including the supercharger) as part of the emissions extension to the 3/36, I decided it was not for me. Not flaming those that got it, but there is a reason the dealers push these things - they take in far more than they pay out. They may tell you they covered a repair after the Bumper to Bumper, but in many cases they are still billing back to Ford for the emissions warranty.

Cobra03,

You're right, they usually do make some $$ off of the extended warranty. In my case, I made sure the extended warranty was a Ford extended warranty, so that I can take it to any dealer for service with no out of pocket expense. For me, just the peice of mind is worth what I paid for it. It depends on the person :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread