Picking up a used TVS

woodzusa

Established Member
Anything I will need to pick up gaskets or anything?

It is a Roush tvs. I'm excited. Been waiting awhile for one. I am not , however, looking forward to the timing cover

Vert

Established Member
Since you have a 14 you only have a few bosses to grind or cut. Just remember to cover everything since the aluminum dust gets everywhere.

Kid Smitty

Established Member
I used the old lady's vacuum while I was cutting with the dremel. Minimal dust afterwards. With the metal cutting wheel on the Dremel, the aluminum cut like butter. No big deal.

Uncle Rusty

Established Member
Might be a good idea to do a Billet Oil Pump gear install at the same time you install the charger... This way the front engine cover comes off anyway and you can do the grinding outside the car. I did this and had my buddy who owns a machine shop do all the boss cuts, looked very professional for only a little bit of his time.

You don't need to get a billet oil pump gear, but if it fails then your engine is going to be toast. I'd say it's worth the extra few hours of work taking the valve covers, front cover, and timing chains off to do the install. You definitely should do this if you plan to rev above 6500 on a regular basis, or plan to run the charger above a 7000 redline.

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
Now is a good time for oil pump gears... I pushed mine hard to 7400rpm & 600+ whp on stock gears though. It's expensive to have done & probably more expensive after all the blower crap is on.

Users who are viewing this thread