Picking up a Taurus SHO in the next few days...opinions?

Satyr

Established Member
Been looking for a new, year-round ride for a while and don't want to deal with the expensive possibilities of Euro cars. Plus, for the price, most of them can't touch the SHO in the performance dept. The one I am looking at is fully loaded, less the performance package, and has under 50k miles on it.

Just curious what most of you think about the car. Most of what I have come across has been good, with the only source of criticism I've seen stemming from the exterior styling. Will definitely be tinting and blacking everything out except for the wheels. Livernois tune will also happen...promptly.

Anyways, tips, suggestions, other?

Satyr

Established Member
Also should have mentioned that it needs to be AWD and price needs to be under 25k. This is more of a "comment on the SHO" thread than a "propose alternatives" thread.

For example, why would you choose one of the above vehicles over the SHO (keeping in mind that the requirement of AWD and price eliminates most of them, anyway)?

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
friend has one, and loves it. He just got a tune for it after owning it for two years and he will be tracking it soon after.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
Also should have mentioned that it needs to be AWD and price needs to be under 25k. This is more of a "comment on the SHO" thread than a "propose alternatives" thread.

For example, why would you choose one of the above vehicles over the SHO (keeping in mind that the requirement of AWD and price eliminates most of them, anyway)?

Why exactly do you want AWD? Is it because of snow?

My friend has a RWD Charger R/T and has Blizzaks on it as well and it is unstoppable in the winter.

As for the SHO, I didn't like the giant center console, the mushy brakes, and all th blind spots. Other then that, its fine.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Didn't know it had to be AWD, in that case good choice. I would choose the SHO over an AWD Charger R/T.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
Good choice op.

If I ever need a 4 door it will likely be either a SHO or E55.

Forget the SRT people. Not impressed with a big sloppy boat and plastic fantastic crap interior. That and they fleeced us out of billions in bailouts.

2KBlackGT

Established Member
Good choice op.

If I ever need a 4 door it will likely be either a SHO or E55.

Forget the SRT people. Not impressed with a big sloppy boat and plastic fantastic crap interior. That and they fleeced us out of billions in bailouts.

Sloppy? You think the SHO interior isn't plastic as well? I'm waiting for the day I can line up with a stock one(my car is bone stock too) and show him what a sport sedan is supposed to do:poke:

2KBlackGT

Established Member
Your opinion, i can respect that. You dont think the SHO will feel like a boat to though? FYI for its size the SRT8 feels just as nimble as my mustang did.

I like both but would take the SRT over the SHO. The OP needs AWD so his choice is easy here.

Satyr

Established Member
Why exactly do you want AWD? Is it because of snow?

My friend has a RWD Charger R/T and has Blizzaks on it as well and it is unstoppable in the winter.

As for the SHO, I didn't like the giant center console, the mushy brakes, and all th blind spots. Other then that, its fine.

I just like AWD. Had it with my Kia Sportage and have missed it ever since. It's nice to have in the winter and I just prefer AWD with a year-round vehicle.

Sloppy? You think the SHO interior isn't plastic as well? I'm waiting for the day I can line up with a stock one(my car is bone stock too) and show him what a sport sedan is supposed to do:poke:

I don't find the SHO interior to be very cheap. The materials seem to be of high quality and the sound system/amenities are excellent. Sure, it's not an Audi, but I think it has some great interior features for an American car.

Your opinion, i can respect that. You dont think the SHO will feel like a boat to though? FYI for its size the SRT8 feels just as nimble as my mustang did.

I like both but would take the SRT over the SHO. The OP needs AWD so his choice is easy here.

I am a pretty big Ford fan, so that plays a role here. But yes, I am aware that the SHO's handling isn't as nimble as a sports car. Plus, I've never cared much for the SRT's in the looks department. Just my personal opinion, but the Charger/300 was never in the cards for me.

I appreciate the responses!

shanezt

corn fed
Established Member
what about the POS uconnect is good? one of the biggest complaints we field on our cars is about the uconnect. even the srt-8 cars feel dog slow, and have one the worst autos ever put in a car. I lasted all of about 10months with a 300c srt-8 before ditching it.

OP the interior is MUCH nicer in a SHO, and a crappy pushrod dodge motor cant hold a candle to a boosted 6, especially in altitude.

Satyr

Established Member
what about the POS uconnect is good? one of the biggest complaints we field on our cars is about the uconnect. even the srt-8 cars feel dog slow, and have one the worst autos ever put in a car. I lasted all of about 10months with a 300c srt-8 before ditching it.

OP the interior is MUCH nicer in a SHO, and a crappy pushrod dodge motor cant hold a candle to a boosted 6, especially in altitude.

I have a lot of reasons for liking the SHO...and the EB V6 is definitely a big one. Plus, I try to stick with Ford anytime I can.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I love the SHO. One of our managers purchased our first 2013 and love it as well.

I find the seats to be extremely comfortable, and the blindspots seem to be minimal. I would do the Livernois tune.

CTS-V Coupe > SHO > SRT8's

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
i test drove a SHO. i was impressed. i really liked that car and would love to have one for a DD. felt way lighter than it is. brakes felt fine to me. i think theyre a great deal used. SRT8s still have pretty high resale value unless you get one with a ton of miles on it. you found a SHO for $25k? i dont think one of the newer SRT8s would be anywhere near that price range lol.

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
I drove a new SHO awhile back, and I have had reason to drive a regular Taurus from time to time. If I had to have a four door car, I would go with the SHO. Chrysler has a few years to go to prove that they can build a RELIABLE car.

Users who are viewing this thread