picking a pulley help

cooper1320

Established Member
I need help with picking a pulley set up fir my cobra, it's all stock but plan for jlt intake, and full exhaust and tune.

So what do I need??

Any help would be awesome

Ourobos

Established Member
I have full exhaust, cold air, and a slight bump in compression on my pistons, haven't tuned it yet, but I went with a 2.8".. Hope to make about 475.

cooper1320

Established Member
did some reading, i was thinking a 2.9 pulley and a 100mm idler, but do i need to get a lower crank pulley also??

i plan on porting the SC, and TB, plenum but that will be a bit later

04GTMustang

Established Member
Not to be the douche here but there are a million topics on this... But I'll give you my opinion anyway..

Personally I would get a 2.76 Pulley, do a x pipe and Catback of your choice. Jlt intake, tr6 plugs gapped down to. 35ish , and do an Idler set. Metco makes nice Idlers. Do an upper Idler and replace the stock ones with the kit.

Should make 445-465 rwhp and 450-490 rwtq with that. Depending on your car you may need a bap or a larger maf. It all varies

cooper1320

Established Member
Yea I've searched but most of the post are from people who know wht there doing!!! I'm new to this motor and set up, I've been raised on push rod motors and spray! Lol

Ok I've sceen a 4lb and 6lb lower pulley which I assume is a crank pulley do I need to Change that??, will the stock injector be able to keep with full bolt ons n 2.7 pulley?
Do I get a 100mm idler or the 92mm?

04GTMustang

Established Member
Depends on your end goals. Do you plan on going twin screw? If so, a lower pulley helps with the smaller twin screws (IE 2.2KB, 2.3 Whipple). You can make perfectly good power and tq without changing the crank pulley on the eaton with the 2.76 pulley.

Stock injectors are usually good for a bit over 500 rwhp.

100MM Upper idler, and the standard lower set of idlers from the metco kit.

I made 473/482 with a 2.76 Upper, JLT intake, stock throttle body, X pipe with cats, and a Catback exhaust. Was seeing peak boost around 15 until it started falling off up high because of the inefficiency of the non-ported eatons.

EDIT: That is enough to get these cars into the mid to upper 11's on a decent driver and a set of modest tires without much difficulty. Was seeing 120-121mph traps with that combo with ease.

Users who are viewing this thread