Picked up some major torque with pulley swap.

Flcracker

Established Member
TVS Pulley Swap and More Torque

I just got my 2011 TVS back from Power by the Hour. They swapped out my 85mm pulley for the 82 mm, and it picked up some major torque which is what I asked for. At 4000 rpm I'm up over 100 rwtq. What do you guys think about the new graph? Thanks.

2011 5.0 Roush TVS, T56 Mag XL 2.97, VMP HE, X Pipe, McCloud RXT, 3.31 gears, Wilwood, Suspension n Stuff...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 330
Last edited:

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
That's right in line with what it should be... No worries! Timing must have been soft before and boost really looked low for the 85, was that a Roush tune before?

Congrats & enjoy BTW! :beer:

Flcracker

Established Member
Thanks Scott! Initially the car was on a conservative custom Lund tune with an 85 mm pulley, and I was bored with it. I brought it back in, had the pulley swapped, and Lund added some timing on tip in, and made some cam positioning adjustment. Dude, the car rocks now. For now, i should say. Lol. Thanks Scott.

Last edited:

Vert

Established Member
Ha you'll get use to it and have it off all of the time. That's the first thing I do once I start it up.

evil281

Established Member
Yep majority of us vmp guys running with an 82mm pulley will see 600hp and 500 tq give or take 15 with no issues.

I'm at 676/582 with my 82mm ;) (E85). I hope she lives for awhile. I did OPG install at the same time for added insurance.

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
IMO it's better to go E85 (fuel system recommended) on stock motor because pump gas sucks. Then you'll be ready to make big power on a built motor...

Flcracker

Established Member
Scott, what's the max power and torque on 93 pump gas with a built block, and which pulley would that be for the TVS. Thank you.

evil281

Established Member
IMO it's better to go E85 (fuel system recommended) on stock motor because pump gas sucks. Then you'll be ready to make big power on a built motor...

I agree with this. I couldn't get a datalog that didn't produce knock on several different 91 octane pumps in my area even after Justin brought the timing WAY down. Switched to E85 and it was pure magic gas.

Flcracker

Established Member
My understanding is that to do it right you need a three hat Fore system which will cost like 4 grand if you can't do the install yourself. Plus oil pump gears.

Can't wait for tomorrow since it will be our first cold day with dry air! :rockon:

Last edited:

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
$4k for a fuel system? Stop right there... That's BS!

I bought a Fore Innovations fuel sys (one of the most expensive, but awesome quality) for $2400 and installed it myself. They range from $1000 to $2500 depending on brand & HP capability. 2 465 pumps are good for 950whp.

OP HP is proportionate to boost & timing, which comes down to octane. A built motor will handle some spark nock and is why you can make a little more power with pump gas (then stock). E85 is very forgiving because it's very knock resistant, it runs cooler, and it makes power because it's 85% alcohol. To run more boost on 93, you have to take more timing out. So your adding power with boost, but taking power away removing timing.

You could make 680whp easy on a stock motor on E85 w/ 79mm pulley.
I personally wouldn't run any smaller then a 79mm pulley on pump gas on a built motor. With low timing would be around 620whp.

Users who are viewing this thread