Picked Up New Wheels/Tires.. Do I Need Low Profile IRS Bolts??

ejm979

Established Member
I just picked up a set of 18x9 & 18x10 Saleen wheels with tires already on them. The rear tires are 265/35/18. Can anyone tell me if I am going to have clearence issues. I dont think I am but have heard of people having to switch to low profile IRS bolts with certain wheels...
Thanks...

saleencobra

Established Member
u need to ditch those little 265's asap! that's a tire for a 9' wheel and on the front. Even factory cobra 9' rims had 275 in the rear.

I would buy some 305/35/18 for the rear maybe even some 315's

and yea you will not have any clearance at all those are baby tires lol:nonono:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Agreed thats a very small tire out back. Thats basically what I'm running up front and 305/35/18's out back. I don't think I needed the irs flat bolt but I installed it anyways. Took maybe 10-15 minutes to do both sides.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
I just picked up a set of 18x9 & 18x10 Saleen wheels with tires already on them. The rear tires are 265/35/18. Can anyone tell me if I am going to have clearence issues. I dont think I am but have heard of people having to switch to low profile IRS bolts with certain wheels...
Thanks...

To answer your question no. I agree with the others that the tire is waaay to small for a 10" wheel. Also, change your sig to reflect the color your car to Mystichrome as Mystic was the 96 color.

ejm979

Established Member
Thanks for the replies... I thought the tires looked a little on the small side. I really didnt mind as I got a pretty good deal on real saleens with new pirelli tires. I might just end up selling the tires on craigslist...

Users who are viewing this thread