Picked up my wife's Ruby Red GT500

David Neibert

Established Member
Car was ordered July 24th and we picked it up last night (Sept 11th). My wife wasn't very happy about trading in her Charger SRT8, but she got over it real quick after driving this one home.

David

RubyRedGT500001_zpsd392dd92.jpg

RubyRedGT500006_zps2b082470.jpg

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Which dealership in St. Louis did you buy it from?

David Neibert

Established Member
I've got a couple of heavily modified Thunderbird SCs that are both faster than the GT500, but they aren't nearly as cool or fun to drive.

This one has a supercharged v6 making 500 rwhp and runs high 10s.
HRampHB2013_zps9655fb6f.jpg

This one has a Dart block 347 with a 76mm turbo making about 750 rwhp and ran a 10.04 @ 139 the last time I raced it.

CobraR5_zps96a18dfb.jpg

verbal

Established Member
Congrats! Awesome color and awesome wife!

Awesome wife, mine refuses to even ride in mine. LOL

Lol. Yeah, my wife says it makes her carsick and never wants to ride in it. She also doesn't want to have the windows down because it blows her hair around.

David Neibert

Established Member
Awesome wife, mine refuses to even ride in mine. LOL

She is awesome...the only reason she agreed to trade in her Charger is because I really wanted this car, but didn't want to get rid of either of my T-Birds. So to make room in the garage, she ditched the SRT8 that she really loved.

She also likes fast cars, so it was pretty easy to convince her that it was time for an upgrade. Oh yeah, on the way home from the dealer she ends up along side some guy on bike at a stoplight and didn't want to risk stalling the car and looking like a dork when the light turned green. So she gives it a little extra throttle and ends up doing a burnout and racing the guy to the next light :nono:

David

Last edited:

WAL

Established Member
Car was ordered July 24th and we picked it up last night (Sept 11th). My wife wasn't very happy about trading in her Charger SRT8, but she got over it real quick after driving this one home.

David

Congrats to you and your wife. Nice to see another Shelby in the St. Charles area. Enjoy!!! :beer:

ColorMatched

grayongrayongrayongray
Established Member
I thought that screen name looked familiar! I remember you from the SCCoA forums, back when I had my 90SC. Good to see people still messing with those cars! I really miss mine, but I have a new S/C RWD Ford to play with!

David Neibert

Established Member
I thought that screen name looked familiar! I remember you from the SCCoA forums, back when I had my 90SC. Good to see people still messing with those cars! I really miss mine, but I have a new S/C RWD Ford to play with!

Yeah that's me, still beating my head against the wall messing with those Super Coupes.

David

hockeylover86

Established Member
You ordered a month after me, same color, and already have your car as I am still waiting...

I don't think anyone will understand how Ford processes these things...

Users who are viewing this thread