Picked up my new 2013 Focus ST

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
The car I want has been sitting at the dealership for 6 months now, so you'd think they'd be motivated to move it.

I think I'll be visiting them Monday morning. If they can get me close to the number(s) I want, then I'll probably be driving home in an ST.

Worst case scenario, I will continue to drive my V for a while longer, and I can deal with that.:beer:

Last edited:

SVT Rob

Established Member
The car I want has been sitting at the dealership for 6 months now, so you'd think they'd be motivated to move it.

I think I'll be visiting them Monday morning. If they can get me close to the number(s) I want, then I'll probably be driving home in an ST.

Worst case scenario, I will continue to drive my V for a while longer, and I can deal with that.:beer:

Good luck!! Mine was an Aug 2012 build date, and I bought it July 2013. :burnout:

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
One thing I failed to notice -

Do the Recaro's have adjustable lumbar?

I wasn't in the car long enough to take in all of the features this car is packed with.

SVT Rob

Established Member
No adjustable lumbar on the Recaros.

Thursday, I ordered my first round of parts. Cobb shifter bracket, Cobb AP v3 from FSWerks, and the FSWerks CAI w/ green filter. They should be here this coming Thursday. Going to try and get my all-seasons installed tomorrow, might have to wait until next week for that, though. Getting too cold here to be driving around on the F1's.

cobraman302

Established Member
I am curious to ask owners of the ST....how much better would this car be with AWD...if at all? That is the only thing holding me back on looking at the Focus ST. I have a 2010 Fusion Sport FWD right now, and the only thing that I am not happy about is not waiting for an AWD one to come up for sale in my area. Suppose you tune it, add a couple bolt ons....300+whp/350+wtq....to a FWD car. Seems like a bit much.

SVT Rob

Established Member
I am curious to ask owners of the ST....how much better would this car be with AWD...if at all? That is the only thing holding me back on looking at the Focus ST. I have a 2010 Fusion Sport FWD right now, and the only thing that I am not happy about is not waiting for an AWD one to come up for sale in my area. Suppose you tune it, add a couple bolt ons....300+whp/350+wtq....to a FWD car. Seems like a bit much.

It takes a lot more than a couple of bolt-ons to hit 300whp with this car. They dyno 220whp stock.

With that being said, the car is insanely fun to drive. I think it being awd it would push more in a corner. With the colder weather, I'm getting some tire spin in 3rd, but I drive in Sport mode all the time. No TC for me. Driving it like an old man for economy is still fun. I managed to average 32.5mpg on my trip from Austin TX to Kansas City MO yesterday.

Users who are viewing this thread