Picked up my Christmas present today

Walt49

Established Member
Ordered the car on July 23, 2012 and it finally came in just in time for Christmas - and possible snow in a couple of days. 2013 Ford Shelby GT500, Race Red with Black stripes, SVTPP, Nav/electronics package, Recaros, Shaker Pro, and the cover! Very thankful it was in the mid-40s today so I could get a little seat time before I have to put it in storage until warmer weather. Previous SVT car was a 2003 Torch Red 10th Anniversay coupe that I sold a few months ago expecting the Shelby to arrive sooner, but it was worth the wait. I love this thing. Only problem I'm having is getting used to the clutch, but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it with a little more practice. Just don't know when I'll get that practice:) I've never tried to post pictures before so I hope this works.
476613_4937317841962_1798455998_o.jpg

478477_4937317801961_1511839004_o.jpg

Last edited:

MNCobra

Established Member
congrats...thats a hell of a long time to wait...i had to wait two months and it was bad enough...i have not driven mine yet and i am nervious about the clutch from what i hearing/reading too..

WAL

Established Member
Congrats Walt. Your car looks great. :thumbsup: I know what you mean on the clutch. That extra travel does take some getting used to.

SVTKen

Established Member
Congrats! Your car looks great. I wish I could have mine by Christmas, but it was just built yesterday, so I probably will not get it until the middle of January (when there is 2 feet of snow on the ground LOL).

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Congrats, but it's effin ridiculous how long people are having to wait. Glad you goy yours before the weather became too bad. :beer:

svt 500

Established Member
Congrats!! I just turned 500 miles with mine and so far the clutch has been fine. I have been easy with it though.

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
I remember the difference in clutch travel from my 04 to my old 08 Shelby was huge. Since I got used to the 08, the '13 isn't that much of a change. I do like the "hiss" of the clutch is gone.

rancid

Established Member
Congrats man, love the color combo! I had it down to grabber/black and race red/black and I swapped my color choice 3x before finally deciding on the blue. I love grabber on the Shelby but race red will always look good to me.

:beer:

Walt49

Established Member
I appreciate everyone's congrats! Just glad to finally have it.

I really appreciate everyone's comments. It's great to know I am part of a group that really appreciates these cars. I'm sure I'll get used to the clutch...it's just so different than anything I've ever had before. Just so you all know, I'm older than most (but not all) on here at 60 years young. This car will help keep me that way. When I was younger I owned 4 various Shelby mustangs. Two 1967 GT500's; one was a drag car with 427 tunnelport engine stroked to 460 with two four barrel carbs, aluminum rods, roller cam, 5.43:1 gears, etc. Not a street car (735 hp). The other 1967 was my street car; also a 427 but had medium riser heads and a single 850 four-squirter carb. It's funny I remember that car got about 8 miles to the gallon. The new Shelby has tons more power and better mileage. Gotta love technology! My other two were a 1968 GT500 Convertible and a 1966 GT350H. Loved them all but ended up getting out of the gearhead/drag racing stage after my second son was born in 1979 and I could no longer afford upkeep of all of them. Sold them off one by one...made money on every one of them so no complaints. I got into boating and water skiing as a family thing and now that the kids are grown and gone (now with 3 grandkids) I was able to get back into my love for these newer cars (first a 2003 Cobra now this one).
Once again, it's a pleasure to be a member of this group.
Happy Holidays to all!

Users who are viewing this thread