Picked up my 2015 Saturday morning

AzBlueMach1

Established Member
Not to derail, but the burnout brought back fond memories.

Year was 1990 - week of high school graduation. 1968 Chevelle, freshly built 350 in it with 90 miles on the rebuild. Did a massive burnout in front of my buddies house. Burned the tires off the car, dug 2 pits in the asphalt. Cloud was massive. Fire department showed up, and we told them a story about a mustang and GTO racing. Left there, grabbed a buddy from the pool hall, and went to another one 15 mi away. Played doubles against a couple of road players. Won 171$, which I used to buy new tires the next morning, but not before my dad decided to take my car out at 7:30 am, (about an hour after I got home), it ran out of gas and he had to walk home, and of course discovered the wheel wells were full of rubber. IT was not pleasant when he got back. Car was white. I miss it.

Last edited:

FATHERFORD

Established Member
Well with only 137 miles on the car, 5 miles of that was on the all new drivetrain. I left Texas up to Madison, WI for the Hotrod Power Tour 2015. The car now has 3800 miles on it. The 335's fit with no modifications to the shock mounts, even with the car loaded down with a full set of tools, jack stands, floor jack, clothes for two people for 13 days, 12 cans of Torco(just in case), cooler, etc. I had no problems with the twin kit, and hit some MAJOR air on one bump and the down pipes never scraped.

20150606_190952.jpg

20150604_214022.jpg

20150611_144629.jpg

And the only problem... An in-tank hose that came with the CPE hat split open...
20150610_152903.jpg

Hopefully this friday I will be dropping the car back off for them to install the ID1300 injectors and crank it up to 1100+rwhp!

FATHERFORD

Established Member
How does the bronze look on there? Does she pop in the day time?

Yeah they do, I need to get some good photo's of it. I get so many people stop by and say how much they love the wheels.

I've had many people ask me what kind of car it is... It's amazing what just a set of wheels will do to a car.

FATHERFORD

Established Member
Stock ride height then? I wonder if the tires will rub with a 1" drop?

A few times on this trip I hit the bump stops, the first thousand miles I would hear a quick "shwoosh" sound. After that nothing, self clearenced the inner fenders.

This car was loaded down. Between my wife, me, and all the stuff we eaisly had over 1000lbs in the car.

I was going to put the springs in, but I love the way the car rides, and it hooks great. Leaving off the 3400 stall, slight spin and just goes at the 600rwhp.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread