Picked up a yz250

Mitch.Shea

Established Member
Got it for 1,800.. 2004 2 stroke.. this is my first bike and is alot of fun :rockon: havnt really tested it because i still need to get some gear but i can tell its no slouch. anyone know any sites that sells plastics or graphics?

JD03Cobra

Who's your Daddy!
Established Member
Nice bike! I'm a believer of the new 4 stroke bikes but that one is very fast...I had the same bike. Careful on those things.

1996stang

Established Member
Can't tell from the pics but every bike i ever bought had a set of pro taper bar's ordered and on it within 4 day's. Bar's and grips are one thing you wont regret.

97on22s

Established Member
i road many a years!

btosports.com

motosportoutlet.com

motorcyclesuperstore.com

and ebaymotors.com!!!

get gear man

good helmet, good boots. and a neck brace! those are a gotta have

fatboy01

Gonzo
Established Member
Chest protector also, especially if you plan on getting both wheels off the ground

Have fun with that bike, a 250 is a hell of a place to start

1996stang

Established Member
i road many a years!

btosports.com

motosportoutlet.com

motorcyclesuperstore.com

and ebaymotors.com!!!

get gear man

good helmet, good boots. and a neck brace! those are a gotta have

+1 After i took a fence post to the chest i wont ride without a chest protector so get that. It's like cheap insurance.

Mitch.Shea

Established Member
Going to clean it up this weekend and get better pics.. I really shouldnt of got the bike this month since i will have to eat ramen noodles until my next paycheck but i got gloves and a helmet. so until i pickup gear im just going to ride around.

SupraBL71GTS

200mph
Established Member
looks good, get some gear and get some pics of you riding. I had a Kawasaki kx 250 2 stroke before but switched over to a 2007 Honda CRF250R 4 stroke.

this is me on my bike

CIMG5893.jpg

CIMG5894.jpg

CIMG5891.jpg

1996stang

Established Member
A 250 is alot of bike just don't let your male ego take over and get yourself hurt.My main problem when i started riding was trying to outride my skill level.Take it easy and get use to the bike first.

Mitch.Shea

Established Member
Ive driven street bikes before so the power is really nothing.. the only thing new for me is the back end kicking out on the dirt.. kinda scarry because i dont know how far it will go out before i loose it. so yup i want to make the bike my bitch before i start ripping it up.. kind of like training a wild horse i guess haha

Mitch.Shea

Established Member
looks good, get some gear and get some pics of you riding. I had a Kawasaki kx 250 2 stroke before but switched over to a 2007 Honda CRF250R 4 stroke.

this is me on my bike

Thanks for the pics :rockon: i will deffinately get some up once i get some decent gear on but for now im just cruising around. wish we had a beach to ride on out here:rolling:

Mitch.Shea

Established Member
Well over the weekend i think i progressed fast.. i get the feel of the bike alot more but im no pro i take turns and bumps like a grandma. but i did lay down the bike when i went thru some little mud dip when the front tire slid out.. i need to buy a new clutch line because my metal line snapped.

feel free to post pics of your bikes and the mods.

I am thinking of re-powder coating the frame blue and black out the plastics and polish the exhaust. the bike has pro taper handle bars and new grips.

jleews6

Established Member
Good luck with your new bike and be careful. One thing I would recomend is a Leatte brace. Its a device that sits on your shoulders and it helps prevent neck injuries. Other than that just be safe and have fun.
I just picked up a new YZ for my son this weekend. This is his first big bike and within 15 minutes he was hitting the 95 foot triple.LOL.
His other bike is an 08 150R. The 150 is to run the supermini class and he will run schoolboy and the 125/250F classes with the YZ.

CarShowJohnsCarandCamerononYZ031.gif

KingCobra03SVT

10th Anniversary Edition
Established Member
Nice bikes in here! You guys are making me want to go pick one up. I just went out riding with some friends this weekend on a little 80.

Users who are viewing this thread