Picked up 2003 A4 Avant

Nasty Notch

Resident Dissident
Established Member
So I went to the Audi dealership today to get an oil change on my wifes Beetle, and spotted a clean A4 Avant in their used car lineup, and just for kicks took it out for a ride while I was waiting for my car. It feels like it has more than 170hp, and the power delivery is really smooth. It has the 1.8T BTW...

Its got 64k miles, its black with cream leather, it has Quattro along with the sport package, HIDs, power moonroof, dual auto climate control, the whole nine yards.
I asked the salesman if I could pick up my wife from work with it, and he let me and my wife just about had a heart attack when I pulled up in it. She asked if it was ours and I told her if you want it, it can be ours :-D

Went back, talked a bit, said we want it, got to take it home tonight, and I'm going back in the morning to sign all the paperwork and such.

:beer:

So I went in for an oil change, and walked out with a new audi :lol:

Pics! Forgive the low quality, I snapped them quickly plus, obviously it was dark...

AudiSide.gif

AudiFront.gif

Display1.gif

Display2.jpg

Last edited:

Nasty Notch

Resident Dissident
Established Member
Well I got some pictures, but cant find my damn cord to upload them to my comp.

Its a black wagon with dark tint all around and S4 looking wheels...

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Nasty Notch said:
Well I got some pictures, but cant find my damn cord to upload them to my comp.

Its a black wagon with dark tint all around and S4 looking wheels...

I still call :bs: on the ''new'' Audi

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Nasty Notch said:
Well its not technically new, but its new to me. Is that better? :shrug:

:lol: yeah it is! Just messing with you:p

fastball19

South Florida King !
Established Member
Not a real big fan of Audi.. I used to work for a road side call center that would handle lots of car makers Audi/VW being one of them.. The A4 was the car that we got the calls for the most... Mainly Electrical and the car getting stuck in park

Nasty Notch

Resident Dissident
Established Member
fastball19 said:
Not a real big fan of Audi.. I used to work for a road side call center that would handle lots of car makers Audi/VW being one of them.. The A4 was the car that we got the calls for the most... Mainly Electrical and the car getting stuck in park

Electrical has been an issue for a bit with VW/Audi, we had a few minor problems with her beetle, but nothing like some people have had.
The problem with the car getting stuck in park is the brake light switch, happened on the beetle :bash:
And these engines are great as long as you keep up on them, you cant just put gas and oil in it and expect it to run forever, but its no biggie, we will be taking great care of the car.

Its out of the original warranty, but they threw in a 2 year/24000 mile extended warranty, that was my big concern with the car. They also threw in a lo-jack system for free to help out with the insurance costs.

Also, I found out when I carfaxed it that we are only the second owner :rockon:

SVT99RED - Stock for stock, the Red Rocket will walk away, but a chip should help even things out ;-)

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
Congrats man! Good buy. Mabey in about a year when you go in for an oil change for the A4, you'll walk out with an R8! :rockon:

wythors

Needs a bigger garage
Established Member
I've got a friend that's big into Audis and owns an A4. He's a real enthusiast and has made a lot of suspension and braking upgrades and has installed full exhaust. That said, he's just about fed up with the unreliability as a daily driver and is about ready to off the car. The latest problem was last week when he was driving steadily down the freeway. The car just shut off and wouldn't restart. Not being an Audi guy, the specifics went in one ear and out the other, but it was some ignition component that apparently routinely goes "poof" when these cars get up into the 80-100,000 mile range.

Nasty Notch

Resident Dissident
Established Member
Gringo185 said:
Congrats man! Good buy. Mabey in about a year when you go in for an oil change for the A4, you'll walk out with an R8! :rockon:

That would be sweet :rockon:

Wythors said:
I've got a friend that's big into Audis and owns an A4. He's a real enthusiast and has made a lot of suspension and braking upgrades and has installed full exhaust. That said, he's just about fed up with the unreliability as a daily driver and is about ready to off the car. The latest problem was last week when he was driving steadily down the freeway. The car just shut off and wouldn't restart. Not being an Audi guy, the specifics went in one ear and out the other, but it was some ignition component that apparently routinely goes "poof" when these cars get up into the 80-100,000 mile range.

They do have their share of problems, electrical still a big one, but with us owning the beetle for a few years, I've got to know them quite a bit and know whats wrong with it when it does this or that, and where to get the parts cheap. I'm not too worried about it, the 03 MY is the second year on the B6 platform, and doesnt have a lot of the problems the first year did...

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread