picked it up tonight

sftdyna

Established Member
Well i finally got it after a 6 months wait! Car was perfect, It had a total of 13 miles on it after they fueled it up and it was still in delivery mode for those first 5 miles so that made me happy. It is a little overwhelming right now so i didnt really have a chance to enjoy it yet. It was starting to rain so i pushed it a bit to get it in the garage, and man that clutch stunk! As soon as the weather clears up i will take it for a nice drive and im sure will be very happy.

Snoopy49

Established Member
Tell your dealer to print out the complete Vehicle Visibility History Report ASAP. The report is only available for a few days after the delivery to the dealer.

Congrats on the car.

Snoopy49

Established Member
Remove the clutch assist spring, It will make the clutch feel better. The clutch is very grabby for the first couple of hundred miles, it will smooth out after it is broken in.

sftdyna

Established Member
Tell your dealer to print out the complete Vehicle Visibility History Report ASAP. The report is only available for a few days after the delivery to the dealer.

Congrats on the car.

You know i did! He gave me every piece of paper that was generated during the whole process, inc the dora, voc, vvr and build sheet. And thanks to people like you and some others here ive become educated. I wish i knew how to post pics.

Kapy

Established Member
Well i finally got it after a 6 months wait! Car was perfect, It had a total of 13 miles on it after they fueled it up and it was still in delivery mode for those first 5 miles so that made me happy. It is a little overwhelming right now so i didnt really have a chance to enjoy it yet. It was starting to rain so i pushed it a bit to get it in the garage, and man that clutch stunk! As soon as the weather clears up i will take it for a nice drive and im sure will be very happy.

Congrats and welcome to pure excitement!

sftdyna

Established Member
Remove the clutch assist spring, It will make the clutch feel better. The clutch is very grabby for the first couple of hundred miles, it will smooth out after it is broken in.

Yea my grand sport was even worse the peddle was springy and would try and whip your foot off so i removed it and it was much nicer. Honestly snoopy i found the clutch to be soft and mine didn't grab high at all, but i agree that it is a little to springy as well so im definitely removing it. thanks.

T3RMIN8TOR

Established Member

Congratulations on your new ride. When I picked mine, about 6 weeks ago, it was raining as well. I see your in Long Island as well, Nassau or Suffolk?

sftdyna

Established Member
Congratulations on your new ride. When I picked mine, about 6 weeks ago, it was raining as well. I see your in Long Island as well, Nassau or Suffolk?
Dix hills, I also went with white blue stripes. I went back and forth to my garage 10 times and I'm glad I went with that color, I think the wheels and glass top give it a nice contrast.

Turbo mach1

Established Member
Congrats!!!!

When you turn your car on does a pony show up on you display or shelby gt 500

Anindya

Established Member
Congratulations! Yup, drove it home in heavy rain as well. My first few starts were soft launches at 2000 rpm, but I eventually got used to the clutch. It's not so bad.

Rob Nelson

Established Member
Congrats!!! And I agree, if you don't like the stock clutch feel just rip out the spring assist and it feels WAY better. Just a little firmer than the clutch feel in my 2012 GT500 I traded...

T3RMIN8TOR

Established Member
Dix hills, I also went with white blue stripes. I went back and forth to my garage 10 times and I'm glad I went with that color, I think the wheels and glass top give it a nice contrast.

New car fever, I went in my garage numerous times as well for the first week or so. I agree that the wheels and glass top provide nice contrast. We should setup a Long Island meet with some other members! I know a bunch of car enthusiasts frequent Captree on Sunday mornings, I'll probably go out this Sunday.

shelbysvt

Established Member
Yea my grand sport was even worse the peddle was springy and would try and whip your foot off so i removed it and it was much nicer. Honestly snoopy i found the clutch to be soft and mine didn't grab high at all, but i agree that it is a little to springy as well so im definitely removing it. thanks.

You thought a grand sport feels springy? Damn compared to the shelby clutch when I drove in a grand sport the other day I didn't even feel like there was a pedal that thing is so soft lol.

shelbysvt

Established Member
Congrats!!! And I agree, if you don't like the stock clutch feel just rip out the spring assist and it feels WAY better. Just a little firmer than the clutch feel in my 2012 GT500 I traded...

What is this spring assist? What is the purpose of it?

Users who are viewing this thread