Picked her up today...

Petro

Established Member
Some pics:

Didn't kill it on the way out of the dealership, but the slick cold tires spun a bit. It was very hard to drive it slow at first as this car wants to get up and talk to you. After a few miles and stoplights I got used to the clutch but I don't like the rubbery feel of the stock shifter too much, will put a Barton in asap. I have an SS hood ready to go on her, just waiting for the hood vents to come in. I also ordered some forgeline wheels today from Paul, but that will be a while.

Quick question for someone with stripes over the top of the car:
What is the width of the individual stripe, and what is the width of the gap between the two stripes?

twawsico

Established Member
Congrats!

The width of the stripes vary somewhat as you traverse from the front to the rear of the car. I can't recall the measurements off-hand. If nobody here has the specs (or knows where to find them online), I can do some spot checks to give you an idea of what I mean.

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
Congrats.. very nice! :beer:

Post pics of the mods as you do them.. always interested in seeing the sweetness of other people's rides.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Congrats & good luck with the new ride.
I thought the shifter was a vast improvement over the 2011 MY. ( put a Barton in my 11 )
Still trying to get used to the clutch, only 96 miles on it so far.

DougM

Established Member
Congrats!

I had the "killing/stalling it" conversation with my buddy who also has a '14 and we're pretty sure there's so much torque that it may be damn near impossible to kill it :)

s4awd

Established Member
rubbery??? Try driving a BMW manual. The GT500's 6 speed is fantastic

Users who are viewing this thread