Pick up the GT500!!!

SVT32VDOHC

Established Member
Waited since October 31st, 2006. I finally got to take my Dad to the dealership to pick it up. He drove it from the dealer to our work, I drove it from work to his house.

When he was driving it to work, he hit the gas a little bit in front of me....and I hit the gas in the L hard...right to the floor....and he kept getting smaller and smaller. My truck didn't even stand half a chance. It was great!! I can't wait till he really lays into it!!

This is entirely different than any other Mustang I have driven. The handling, the ride, and you think your going 20MPH and your going 65MPH!! I didn't really hit it yet because it only has 20 miles and it isn't mine, but I can tell it wants to rip!! We are taking it out tonight to get some miles on it. He is letting me take it out this weekend, so it should be lots of fun on crusie night!!!:-D Can't wait to race him in my Cobra...see what will happen!!!

Last edited:

unclemole

Established Member
I got behind a new one for the first time the other day. The guy was having a hard time controlling the power in first and second. Very jerky, on and off. It sure did squirt around the traffic in third though! Black with silver stripes was lookin' good. I thought the rear bumper cover came with a big shelby stamping but it didn't, just shelby on the left rear lid and on the gas cap. Nice.

SVT32VDOHC

Established Member
I took pics, but as soon as we got to his house, my whole family went to the Tigers game. I will try to get some up this evening. Yeah, I can tell that 1st and 2nd would be tough to keep on the ground. The car is red with white stripes and a red and black interior and the Shaker 1000. It really rocks!!! Thanks on the congrats guys, I can't wait to drive longer than 6 miles in rush hour yesterday!!! The fastest I went was 65 in our subdivision!!! But believe me, the looks I got from people, I felt like a million buck!!

pedro

Established Member
SVT32VDOHC said:
...The fastest I went was 65 in our subdivision!!! But believe me, the looks I got from people, I felt like a million buck!!

They were looking at your because you were driving like a jerk at 65 mph in a residential neighborhood. Be glad you don't live in my neighborhood, we don't take kindly to folks like you.

:nono:

8sm

HELE in 321
Established Member
pedro said:
They were looking at your because you were driving like a jerk at 65 mph in a residential neighborhood. Be glad you don't live in my neighborhood, we don't take kindly to folks like you.

:nono:

+1000.......I hope you don't do that ever again. :bash:

SVT32VDOHC

Established Member
Finally figured it out. Got some of the L and the notch too. Don't have any of the Cobra on this memory card though.....

BTW...the 65MPH was on the back road to our sub...so houses...just factories and trees...

DSC04793.jpg

DSC04790.jpg

NotchandGT500048.jpg

NotchandGT500047.jpg

NotchandGT500044-1.jpg

Last edited:

Cichlids

I8ASRT10
Established Member
Nice pics! I have only seen 2 GT 500 hear around town and they were white and black. Hope you have some fun with it.

SVT32VDOHC

Established Member
Yes those are sweet, but he waited from October til now....which isn't horrible I guess. We both had the itch, when we started watching videos and also the day they called to give him the VIN number. He told me it is fast enough how it is...my Dad loves stock cars...although I think I am close on talking him into a CAI and a tune at Alternative Auto...who does my cars!

Users who are viewing this thread