Pick up a new DD!!

Callaway Cobra

speeding
Established Member
Just picked this up the other day for 2000 bucks. Its a 01 chrysler 300m fullyloading and verything works great and it rides like a dream.. I love it so far.. I only have this picture i took the other day with the cell.. Just thought i would share..:beer:

01chrysler.jpg

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
LOL dude, how many cars do you have now!? That does seem like a nice find though..how many miles?

Callaway Cobra

speeding
Established Member
i only have 3 tagged and four all together lol.. it has 180,000 miles. the lady who i bought it from took very good care of it. She just hit a deer with it a lil while ago and put a lil dent on the hood. She hit it going 10mph in her driveway lol.

TeddyKGB

Drunk on Power
Established Member
Nice deal. Let me ask you a question b/c I am looking for a DD. Does a vehicle with that kind of mileage make you nervous at all? I know it is $2k and it really isnt the maintenance that would worry me but the hassle of if it ever breaks down.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
I know you aren't asking me, but I'll answer you anyway:). lol. My answer is, it depends. Personally, I think Pickle here is a brave man picking up a dodge with that kind of milage. The engine will be fine, but I'd be concerned about the trans.

Having said that, I've picked up a couple of hondas as dd's with that kind of mileage and had no problems at all. Both cars were well maintained, and as long as whatever I'm looking at is priced appropriately, and has been cared for properly, then mileage doesn't really bother me much.

aquill1

Established Member
In considering it is a chrysler oil problems are a big problem. With that kind of mileage though the car should have already had problems (this car should be fine.) Bought a 2001 intrepid a few years back that had a sludge problem really bad and it had around 60k miles. The 3.5 is a good motor, the intrepid had a 2.5 or 2.7 that was notorious for problems.

As said transmissions are another problem in chrysler.

If your looking for a low cost and high mileage car look at the 3.8 gm or ford taurus. My 97 monte was sold with over 200k miles and still was pretty flawless.

Users who are viewing this thread