Pick Me A Winner

TexasPoke

Established Member
In the market for a new ride after not having a car payment for a year. That was fun, but this is America and I am itching to get into something fun before the baby making and sacrificing begin.

Unfortunately, I'm not in the 97% of SVTP that is filthy rich and have an unlimited bankroll, thus, my budget is 20-25K.

I live in Colorado and in the foothills so AWD/4x4 is preferred.

Haven't had many performance cars, so now would be my time to get one.

Have an Infiniti FX35 currently and it just isn't enough performance wise.

Subaru is off the table. I will not join the 7.5 million other owners in Colorado driving a vag repellent on wheels.

I've looked at Evo's and they're meh.

Too many Audi's and S4's aren't even cool anymore without the 4.2 V8.

Halp.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
I'm not a BMW fan, but have known a few guys that were happy with their 328i. If I'm thinking of the right ones, they take well to a tune being TT.

I'd probably lean towards a SHO, but it all depends on if it's a DD, long commuter, etc.

10splaya22

Established Member
I'm not a BMW fan, but have known a few guys that were happy with their 328i. If I'm thinking of the right ones, they take well to a tune being TT.

I'd probably lean towards a SHO, but it all depends on if it's a DD, long commuter, etc.

2007-2010 335i's have the twin turbo I6. They do make them in an xi (AWD) model for that price.

Zemedici

Established Member
shiiiiiit I'd get an evo or an STI. Bolt ons and one of those cars would be a blast. Not to mention the AWD launches :D

Or jeep SRT8

canadianbullitt

Established Member
If you don't mind poor fuel mileage (not horrendous if you drive like a civil person) and SRT8 Jeep is a fun choice. Not too bad in the snow if you put some winters on either.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Maybe wait to see if Focus RS makes its way stateside?

PS Pistols Firin'!

The RS is making it's way stateside. It just won't be until next year. Even then he would have to finance the car as it will be well over his 25k budget.

TexasPoke

Established Member
Thank you for the suggestions, gang members of SVTP.

335xi is a very appealing choice. 2007-2010 housing a TT V6 makes it even more enticing. Guess I need to head over to bimmerforums and pick some brains.

Anyone on the site have one?

Reliability, known issues, tuning improvements, etc. input would be fantastic.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread