Pic Request: TT 03 cobra with downpipes

ret_junior

LS7 HNTR
Established Member
hey guys, i have a TT 03 cobra and trying to decide if i should do downpipes or keep it with full exhaust. so can someone post up some pics, videos, or just tell me what you think.

Was thinking about doing something like this but dont know if i should put a hole in my bumper.

photo-4.jpg

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
No bumper cut out but I have electic cutouts that make about the same sound. Do recommend as they make for a sleeper closed (no cats, magna flow catback~75db@70mph) and a wild growling wolf open (85db@70) with clean decelerative back pressure (very few pops), and an excellent growl at any rpm.

a6934e06-0bbd-32c6.jpg

a6934e06-0bdb-b99f.jpg

Rest of the exhaust was disconcerted in these pics.

Feel free to ask any questions. Also you can YouTube search "tt 5.4 cobra" and look for a thumbnail of a silver cobra with black rims for an exhaust clip that has em open for a good few revs then closed for a rev.

Search "issacnewton9009" (spelled incorrectly intentionally, inside joke with some bodies) for a dyno pull with em open. Enjoy and good luck whichever way you go.

Lastly, search "750 whp cobra tt" and look for a vid posted by "ericblogett" for a quick in car clip with some wheelspin (30 degree day)

Last edited:

brunocobratt

Established Member
No bumper cut out but I have electic cutouts that make about the same sound. Do recommend as they make for a sleeper closed (no cats, magna flow catback~75db@70mph) and a wild growling wolf open (85db@70) with clean decelerative back pressure (very few pops), and an excellent growl at any rpm.

a6934e06-0bbd-32c6.jpg

a6934e06-0bdb-b99f.jpg

Rest of the exhaust was disconcerted in these pics.

Feel free to ask any questions. Also you can YouTube search "tt 5.4 cobra" and look for a thumbnail of a silver cobra with black rims for an exhaust clip that has em open for a good few revs then closed for a rev.

Search "issacnewton9009" (spelled incorrectly intentionally, inside joke with some bodies) for a dyno pull with em open. Enjoy and good luck whichever way you go.

Lastly, search "750 whp cobra tt" and look for a vid posted by "ericblogett" for a quick in car clip with some wheelspin (30 degree day)
this is what i have, best of both worlds, loud or quiet on a clip of a switch.
i have on the same place also

Explosive

Established Member
Love the cars at the track with the bumper/fender exhaust. Except for the grudge racing nights when I stand at the beams on the line. Have caught a few backfires in the face.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Off topic.........

Where in Fl are you? I would love to hear these as I've been on the fence about getting this done.

Here's a link to a vid of mine and a pic of the vid to make it easier of the link fails

a6934fbb-7b66-1494.jpg

Check out this video on YouTube:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cH7MSjsH4Cw&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]tt 5.4 cobra 2 step cut outs open - YouTube[/nomedia]

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Ya turbos are natural mufflers, and the mid pipe is constructed in a way that controls pressure and minimizes rasp.

I'll get a drive by video up soon enough.

If you order a set and aren't happy, it'll probably be because it's not raucous loud enough haha. I actually cruise around on weekends with em open. Cops never bother me, and I drive by 20 of them any given fri/sat weekend. I'd guess 75-85 db cruising (rpm/throttle pressure dependent) and 95-100 wot (rpm/gear) but honestly my waste gates are about 105 db so it's not even too loud at wot. I could just have loud gates though.

RussZTT

Established Member
I wouldn't do the pipes coming out of the front bumper. All you need is a leaking turbo seal, bad blow by etc and you have it under your tires and down the side of your car.

I would love to get a full 3" from the turbos back. I loved the sound of the exhaust when I had my Eaton on (Magnaflow), sounds like butt with the twins.

brunocobratt

Established Member
Off topic.........

Where in Fl are you? I would love to hear these as I've been on the fence about getting this done.
i am in deerfield beach, i will be at the track rental sunday at pbir, you are going right? i can take you for a ride if you will be there. let me know.
here is a very small video from inside with the cut-out open, it had just stoped raining so no wot, i was testing the go pro halmet can position
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bw5UHN-prY&feature=g-upl&context=G2ae0121AUAAAAAAABAA"]twin turbo cobra go pro halmet cam test - YouTube[/nomedia]

here is from the out side, run starts at 2:20, a little 360 at 3:00
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NB9ZoSR7oJs&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL"]twin turbo cobra autocross run at 08-14-11 run#3 - YouTube[/nomedia]

here is with the cut-out closed on the first 2 step test and open on the second and third try
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSxjRi2N7w8&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL"]5000 rpm 2 step test twinturbo cobra - YouTube[/nomedia]

here is my friends cobra
276198[/ATTACH]"]
cbra800rwh004.jpg

and a video, sorry for the portuguese i made this video for some friends in Brazil
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7w4yN0S3Ep4&feature=BFa&list=UL1hzWBXDEfRY&lf=mfu_in_order"]twin-turbo cobra hp 57-mm intro - YouTube[/nomedia]

Attachments

• cbra800rwh004.jpg
    cbra800rwh004.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Bumper style is sick but for the street I wouldn't risk it. If your mid corner and it spits oil o your tire...bye bye 30k car

SSeatr

Established Member
Geez, when my cutouts are open it sounds WAY louder then all you guys..Maybe its just the video.. but mine shakes the block I can feel the neighbors HATING me lol

Users who are viewing this thread