Pic Request DSG with smoked taillights

ram360

Running on 7 Cylinders
Established Member
I searched but really didn't come up with much. I was debating doing a light tint on them to better match the 3rd brake light. If anyone has some pics that would be awesome. :coolman:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
You know, the tinted tail lights look nice, but they're dangerous IMO. We go on a lot of Cobra cruises and a bunch of MACA guys have them and it can get really hard to see when their brake lights are on. I always try my best not to get behind one of them.......

BLACKVNM

Established Member
I guess I like both :thumbsup: Here's my old DSG...I ended up doing the sidemarkers too but they weren't done in these pics...

_ARW5597edit.gif

_ARW5798edit.gif

mrose75

Established Member
I guess I like both :thumbsup: Here's my old DSG...I ended up doing the sidemarkers too but they weren't done in these pics...

_ARW5597edit.gif

_ARW5798edit.gif

SWEET JESUS!!!! I've always loved my DSG and thought of her as the most beautiful one out there, but that thing is f'n gorgeous!!!! :bowdown::bowdown: Wow!!! What happened to her?

Back on topic, I think the tinted tails look great. Just don't go too dark for reasons mentioned above. One day I plan on tinted mine as well. Just a light smoking versus a full limo tint.

Last edited by a moderator:

Terminator-Fox

Soon...
Established Member
It looks good but I dont think enough light comes out when you apply the brakes. I dont want some moron to rear end my baby so mine might stay stock.

ram360

Running on 7 Cylinders
Established Member
Thanks for the pics guys. What % did you guys use? BlackVnm that looks pretty close to what I'm after or maybe even something a shade ligther.

You know, the tinted tail lights look nice, but they're dangerous IMO. We go on a lot of Cobra cruises and a bunch of MACA guys have them and it can get really hard to see when their brake lights are on. I always try my best not to get behind one of them.......

I had a tinted set on my 94Gt and yea I've had a few people tell me they couldn't see my taillights. Mine were dark prob like 20%. I was going to try a very light tint on these just to better match the 3rd brake light and tone down the red a little. If I can find a very light tint I'll give it a try. I drive my car everyday so I have to be visible.

Last edited:

Knoxville COBRA

Established Member
Tinted tails look great on any color IMO this is my old vert.50% Autobadges they look great and you can peel em off if you get tired of them.:thumbsup:
IMG_2606.jpg

IMG_7030.jpg

IMG_3712.jpg

Konaboss302

Funtime!!!
Established Member
IMO no matter how you tint them, as long as they still have a red "tinge" when not lit during the day, then they're light enough to be seen through. The guys that go overboard and black them out entirely are a bit much. Mine just look like they're very very dark red...

Users who are viewing this thread