seanwr400

Established Member
Here she is....
Z4001.jpg

utfan98

Lack of Restraint
Established Member
Sweet, but aint no cobra.

Wow it has 549 hp/642 ftlbson the juice?

seanwr400

Established Member
It's not an M. It has the sport and premium packages, heated M seats, iPod adapter, 6 speed. 255hp 3.0 liter. As far as it being in the snow, it's my DD. Took the pic in the parking lot at work.

Jpjr

Established Member
I have driven a new M3 and M5. The M5 was not impressive (at least not for $90k IMO), but that may have been bias just because I drive a V that feels almost the same but costs half as much. The M3 was very impressive for a few simple reasons: BMW nails the basics consistently. The engine has a wide power band and revs to 8k, the transmission is nothing short of amazing (it even rev matches electronically before down shifting if option is engaged), shifting is very smooth and short, car feels very light and grips hard. On the other hand, the interior is plain and dated, the cockpit is tiny, and the ride is somewhat harsh with plenty of noise. I guess who cares though if you nail the basics of performance like the M3 does. It is a very fun car to drive fast.

I have no idea how that translates to sean's car except that I bet they have the basics right there as well. It should be a lot of fun to drive, at least during the warranty period. That's not a diss- BMW warranties just about everything but windshield wipers unlike Ford dealers that do whatever they can to screw you out of something you paid for (warranty) with the cost of the car. The total ownership experience is something the big 3 continue to get wrong and the Japs and Germans get right. I believe that brand loyalty (other than 'buy american') is 75% service satisfaction and 25% car satisfaction. The big 3 are building better cars now they need to start focusing on service.

seanwr400

Established Member
I have driven a new M3 and M5. The M5 was not impressive (at least not for $90k IMO), but that may have been bias just because I drive a V that feels almost the same but costs half as much. The M3 was very impressive for a few simple reasons: BMW nails the basics consistently. The engine has a wide power band and revs to 8k, the transmission is nothing short of amazing (it even rev matches electronically before down shifting if option is engaged), shifting is very smooth and short, car feels very light and grips hard. On the other hand, the interior is plain and dated, the cockpit is tiny, and the ride is somewhat harsh with plenty of noise. I guess who cares though if you nail the basics of performance like the M3 does. It is a very fun car to drive fast.

I have no idea how that translates to sean's car except that I bet they have the basics right there as well. It should be a lot of fun to drive, at least during the warranty period. That's not a diss- BMW warranties just about everything but windshield wipers unlike Ford dealers that do whatever they can to screw you out of something you paid for (warranty) with the cost of the car. The total ownership experience is something the big 3 continue to get wrong and the Japs and Germans get right. I believe that brand loyalty (other than 'buy american') is 75% service satisfaction and 25% car satisfaction. The big 3 are building better cars now they need to start focusing on service.

Even the wipers are covered. :D Only thing they don't cover is tires.....

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
Sean....have our boy Rick slap on 20% tint all around on that bad boy!!! He makes house calls.:thumbsup:

McConaughey

Established Member
I left you a message, but thought I would try this route as well. I went by the dealership today to see if my registration had come in, but they informed me that they have not received the title yet. If you could please send it out if you haven't done so I'd really appreciate it. Please give me a call when you get this so I can verify that it's been mailed.
Thanks,
Chris

Kiddk1

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL
Established Member
Sweet, I always did like beemers even though I am UAW guy.

Users who are viewing this thread