Pic of new GT concept car with FR500

99svtvert

This is the dual TB FR500C model;

"The "Five Liter" Is Back

The foundation for the Mustang GT-R's race-prepared 440-horsepower engine is the new 5.0-liter "Cammer" crate engine from Ford Racing Performance Parts. The engine is rooted in the MOD 4.6-liter four-valve V-8 engine family. However, the motor's flanged cylinder liners help provide 94mm (instead of 90.2mm) cylinder bores, creating a full 5.0 liters of piston displacement.

And while the motor employs the SVT Mustang Cobra's forged crankshaft with six-bolt mains and Manley "H-Beam" connecting rods for superior strength, the high-strength Ford Racing block features design reinforcements and a revised material for added strength and high-output durability. The block is specially reinforced in the crankcase web areas for high torque loads.

Other key differences include forged pistons, an 11.0:1 compression ratio, ported heads, higher-lift cams and beehive-shaped valve springs. The crate engine also features higher-flow fuel injectors and a magnesium, variable-geometry intake manifold.

The 5.0-liter "Cammer" engine comes with a custom oil pan and features custom-fabricated Tri-Y headers and crossover.

Helping put the power to the ground is the Ford Racing-supplied TTC T-56 six-speed transmission linked to the engine through a heavy-duty clutch and flywheel assembly. Power exits the transmission through a custom metal matrix composite aluminum driveshaft into a race-specification differential with a 4.56:1 final drive ratio.

The "Cammer" was introduced at the Specialty Equipment Manufacturers Association show in 2002. The engine in the GT-R is identical to the crate engine, with the exception of camshaft timing, which was modified to produce more high-end horsepower for track use."

Cammer.jpg

ex-PJs snake

That Others May Live
Established Member
All yours for a mere pittance of $15,000 (rounded up) minus the dual FR500C TB. :dw:
More than likely, you could take your 4v modular and rebuild it with forged parts for half the cost and still make around the same compression and hp/torque as this "cammer." Hell, you could buy a Terminator motor with blower with money to spare.

I do love the lack of clutter pictured in the photo though. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

kxt

atomic number 30
Established Member
Isn't this article like 4 years old.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
I just noticed the location for the oil filter, talk about a big mess when its time to change the oil. I know its a minor detail but an inverted oil filter is a pain in the ass no matter what car its on.

ROADFOOLSRIDE

Local Pavement Ripper
Established Member
99COBRA2881 said:
I just noticed the location for the oil filter, talk about a big mess when its time to change the oil. I know its a minor detail but an inverted oil filter is a pain in the ass no matter what car its on.

I agree. Hopefully that was a remote spot. Ya gotta get under it to drain the oil, it's not any harder to pull the filter. Besides, inverted, the filter wouldn't be able to do it's job as effectively.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
ROADFOOLSRIDE said:
I agree. Hopefully that was a remote spot. Ya gotta get under it to drain the oil, it's not any harder to pull the filter. Besides, inverted, the filter wouldn't be able to do it's job as effectively.

Ok. So Swap the filter upside down.

Users who are viewing this thread