pi head question

530stangs_22

First On Race Day
Established Member
i know its not a svt question but it is an sn95 question lol. im thinking about buying a 98 gt and i want to do a pi head and intake swap on it. i was thinking about comp cams stage II XE270AH cams instead of the pi cams, is there a serial number i could look at to make sure im buying the right heads and not npi? could u of those who know or have done the swap please tell me what else i would need to complete the swap correctly. thanks guys! oh also what would the rwhp/rwtq be with that set up? thanks again look forward to getting into the 4.6 mod game.

Toasty

Established Member
i know its not a svt question but it is an sn95 question lol. im thinking about buying a 98 gt and i want to do a pi head and intake swap on it. i was thinking about comp cams stage II XE270AH cams instead of the pi cams, is there a serial number i could look at to make sure im buying the right heads and not npi? could u of those who know or have done the swap please tell me what else i would need to complete the swap correctly. thanks guys! oh also what would the rwhp/rwtq be with that set up? thanks again look forward to getting into the 4.6 mod game.

Your question would best be answered on a forum like at corral.net.

SVTCobra306

Established Member
PI heads say PI on them.. they also have squarish intake ports, where the non PI are round.

Non PI
DSCF1341.jpg

PI
DSCF1304.jpg

XE270AH's are not very likely to have adequate piston/valve clearance, and there are better cams out there.

There is quite a bit of info about these on the corral, yes.

Users who are viewing this thread